The Credit and Collections Administrator supports the organization by improving cashflow and reduces risk on Accounts Receivable. Credit Department Administrator’s contact customers via the telephone to update accounts, negotiate settlements of accounts and credit balances, process payments, answer consumer inquiries and provide necessary account related information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Credit and Collections Administrator’s primary responsibilities are, but are not limited to, the following:
· Functions of the Credit Department include phone calls, emails and contacting customers regarding AR outstanding balances.
· Review credit applications for credit risk and make recommendations for approval based on the company’s credit scoring model.
· Follow credit policy and guidelines. Staying current on economic cycles as they relate to company’s AR risk.
· Stay up to date on legislation changes that relate to collection activities.
· Assist in monitoring 3rd Party accounts, monitoring for billing errors.
· Monitor and report aging receivables.
· Requests and pursues payment on delinquent accounts via communication with account holder.
· Follows established guidelines to review and update account status.
· Maintains log of payment promises and pertinent account details, schedules follow-up communication with account holder.
· Monitors accounts receivable and cash receipt reports.
· Performs other related duties, as required.
· Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with account holders in a courteous manner.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to receive feedback and adapt and learn.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial transactions.
· Work well independently or as part of a team to complete required deadlines as outlined by Credit Supervisor.
· Manage varying workloads throughout the day in a high-volume environment.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 – 2 years credit and collections experience.
· Experience with entering 3rd Party Invoicing and experience with SAP, Coupa, Cortex and other 3rd Software or invoicing Portals.
Working Conditions/physical requirements:
· Ability to work under time constraints.
· Working directly with clients.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Constant telephone and computer work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$27.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person