Req ID: 23865
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 09/28/2023
As a key member of the Culture, Venue and Event Services team, reporting to the Supervisor of Box Office, the successful candidate will perform customer service, administrative support and reception duties for the business unit projecting a favourable public image at all times. The Box Office Coordinator is responsible for the set up, auditing and maintenance of ticketing requirements to support all ticketed events within the City of Mississauga. Living Arts Centre, Meadowvale Theatre and Paramount Fine Foods Centre are the primary locations of work.
- Assist in overseeing the City of Mississauga's Box Offices, delivering high-profile, large-volume, external events;
- Coordinates all aspects of service delivery and ticket sales, including customer service delivery through on-line, telephone and in-person inquiries and transactions; customer database management; statistical reporting and analysis; and cash audits for cash handling;
- Complete and monitor communication between all parties to ensure accurate completion of ticket counts, event builds, inventory management, will call, guest list, and all other Box Office processes leading up to the event;
- Assist in the hiring, supervision, training, motivating and evaluation of part-time Box Office Assistants and Box Office Coordinators responsible for service delivery in the box office;
- Prepare monthly schedules for the part-time Box Office Assistants and Box Office Coordinators, verify staff hours, and ensure all payroll hours are given to the Box Office Customer Service Representative in accordance with City policy and procedures;
- Liaise and coordinate with rental/tenant clients to build performance events
- Create, maintain and modify all ticketed events in a computerized ticketing environment, using Ticketmaster Software – Archtics, TM1 Sales, HOST, TicketWeb, Paciolan Software, and TixHub;
- Coordination of Box Office services; program ticketed events, ticket system maintenance, assume the role of Ticket Seller when required and oversee equipment and supplies.
- Operation and administration of ACTIVENET and POS maintenance.
- Prepare Weekly Revenue Reports, verify Daily Sales Reports and maintain cash control records in accordance with City policy and procedures;
- Prepare and input all invoices in SAP Concur or SAP Persona.
- Preparing material, correspondence and reports including: memos, letters, reports, training manuals, job guides and other manuals;
- Assist with other administrative support duties as assigned by the Supervisor, e.g. box office services, petty cash, data tracking, asset inventory, processing of IT and Security access forms, sundry sheets, ACTIVENET report printing;
- Assume the role of Manager on Duty when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a recognized university or college in business administration, event management, communications, business administration, social sciences, or a related field and two (2) to three (3) years business experience in a Box Office setting.
- Minimum 3 years in a related capacity with progressively responsible leadership experience; Demonstrated leadership and team building skills are essential with the ability to work in a flexible team environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building rapport with a wide range of industry professionals. Ability to multitask and handle the pressure of building ticketed events in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about sports, live events, working with industry partners with a sound understanding of the ticketing dynamics.
- Superb written and oral communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Demonstrated presentation skills and experience; strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively liaise with the public, staff, elected officials, community groups and outside agencies.
- Ability to meet community and departmental needs; proven ability to work with community and business partners to deliver and develop ticketed events
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Ticketmaster Software – Archtics, TM1 Sales, HOST, TicketWeb, Paciolan Software, and TixHub and working knowledge of SAP, SAP Concur, SAP Persona, CATS, ACTIVENET, POS, Report Printing and OmniRim a definite asset
- Must have a valid Ontario G licence with a good driving record and daily access to a vehicle;
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) when required.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 65,753.00 - $ 87,671.00
Hours of Work: 35 Hours
Work Location: Living Arts Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation & Culture Division , Culture & Events
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.