Community Living Alternative Services (CLAS) is committed to promoting the development and well being of individuals who have developmental disabilities, to strengthen positive relationships between individuals and their community, and to promote inclusive living.
We are looking for highly motivated, committed, and person-centered frontline workers to join our Residential Support Provider team as Community Disability Service Practitioners with a background in behaviours of concern, aggressive tendencies, and complicated histories in the individuals being supported. The individual accessing our services may have histories that include developmental disabilities, multiple diagnoses, violence, and/or addictions.
As a Community Disability Service Practitioner you will be responsible for the frontline, in-home, and community access provision of day-to-day support for individuals with cognitive issues, developmental disabilities, and behaviors of concern that may put themselves and others at risk.
To succeed as a Community Disability Service Practitioner/Residential Support Worker you should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify behaviors of concern and implement support plans
- Assist and support individuals to access and participate in the community in a meaningful way
- Assist individuals in the development of social skills and meaningful relationships
- Be aware of and adhere to established policies, practices and operational protocols
- Assist in or provide support in personal care routines such as bathing, dressing, and grooming when needed
You will bring:
Formal Education: Post Secondary Education in Social Work, Community Disability Studies, Psychology, etc.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience providing supports to adults with dual or multiple diagnosis. Experience dealing with challenging and sometimes physical or violent behaviors is a must. Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to confidently provide front line, in-home support to adults with cognitive and developmental disabilities who face varying challenges
- Proven ability to work with mental health concerns, self harming behaviors, and aggressive tendencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond/remain calm in emotionally charged situations
- Positive Attitude
- Solid computer, documentation, and English language skills are needed
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify issues, set priorities and implement an appropriate plan of action
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- You will need to have a reliable car with personal liability insurance - minimum third party liability coverage must be two million dollars ($2,000,000.00)
- A driver's license issued in Canada is required
- Successful candidates will need to complete a Vulnerable Sectors and Criminal Record Check
Why join our team?
We offer a unique and exciting work environment, where you have the opportunity everyday to make a positive impact on our individual’s lives. We want to encourage you to do your best, so as a full time employee of CLAS you can look forward to:
- A competitive starting salary based on your education and experience
- An additional shift premium of $1.50/hour for workers in certain homes
- A comprehensive Group Health benefits package and company pension plan
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities in support of your personal and professional development goals.
Please also complete an online application, which can be found at www.c-l-a-s.ca, and attach your resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.85-$27.16 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- residential support care: 1 year (preferred)
- multi-diagnosis support: 1 year (preferred)
- supporting community access for persons with disabilities: 1 year (preferred)
- driver's license issued in Canada (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person