Changing care. With you.
You need to live in Stellarton or nearby and able to commute.
At VitalAire we believe in patient-centered care and innovation. We’re on a mission to help transform healthcare for the better. From advancement and digitization of our tools, products, and systems, to forging meaningful relationships with our patients. VitalAireis Canada’s leading provider of sleep apnea tests, treatments and home oxygen services. We partner closely with the healthcare community to deliver an exceptional patient experience that supports health, wellness and collaborative medicine.
Here is what you will do
VitalAire is currently recruiting a full time highly energetic and motivated Respiratory Therapist/RPN for our Stellarton NS, Canada, branch.
The RT/RPN provides all respiratory services with a focus on providing oxygen therapy, clinical and ventilatory support to the client while collaborating with referring physicians and ensuring patient safety.
- Provides quality care by conducting a full respiratory assessment; diagnostics as applicable; assessing and evaluating test results; delivering of equipment and supplies as required; developing respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with the client, physicians and care teams as per prescription and established company best practices.
- Provides appropriate follow-up to clients to evaluate effects of treatment plan, comfort of client when using treatment and addresses compliance with therapy.
- Assess clients home environment for safety, identifies and addresses areas of concern, and performs equipment quality control checks on a recurring basis.
- Contributes to the growth of Air Liquide Healthcare by liaising with healthcare professionals; providing information/literature to prospective clients; providing demonstration/education of products and services to prospective clients.
- Responsible for complying and maintaining knowledge of all funding processes and systems.
- When required participates in sleep duties including initiating PAP therapy when prescribed
Here is what you will need
- Registered Respiratory Therapist / Registered Nurse or RPN
- Licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Strong cardio-respiratory assessment skills
- Valid driver’s license + Clear vulnerable persons check
- Previous experience in healthcare field an asset
- Ability to participate in a rotational after-hours on call schedule
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Google applications and Android
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total rewards: Salary, bonus, flex benefits & pension plan
- Work/life integration: From standard hours to personal time off
- Inclusive workplace: Bring your whole self to work as you learn and grow
- Meaningful work: Do work that matters
- Culture of safety: We weave safety and wellness into all that we do
Air Liquide Healthcare provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualification and other job-related reasons. This job grade falls within a salary band starting at the minimum of $53,000 with opportunity for advancement.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $32.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stellarton, NS B0K 1X0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Respiratory Therapist: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person