HOTEL INTERNAL AUDITOR
REPORTS TO DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
With over 84 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NL but also experientially diverse from roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
To learn more about InnVest Hotels, visit https://innvesthotels.com/.
The Hotel Internal Auditor role is a key member of the corporate hotel accounting team. This position provides leadership and financial support to managed properties with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls, and regulatory compliance. This individual will work closely with the corporate and hotel finance teams to audit properties to ensure the adherence to established standards.
Assists with examining and improving financial operating practices, and financial and risk management processes at managed properties
Assist with the evaluation, design an effectiveness of internal controls and business processes at managed properties.
Identify opportunities and recommend changes as appropriate to improve internal controls and/or efficiencies to ensure property compliance
Effective communicates with corporate finance on process updates and initiatives.
Shows initiative and innovation to improve overall company systems and processes.
Assist with ensuring that properties are complying with relevant laws and statutes
Assists with protecting against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets
This position may include interim Hotel Controller duties with open vacancies as needed.
Conducts ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks as assigned by management
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
College diploma or equivalent, and minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant experience in an office performing accounting-related duties.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Accounting/Finance software.
Knowledge of hotel processes and procedures.
Attention to accuracy.
Ability to relate well with co-workers and supervisors.
Demonstrated customer service skills, both internal and external, with the ability to resolve conflicts.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Mental Effort required to perform the job:
· Frequent mental and visual concentration during computer work daily.
· Frequent listening and mental attentiveness in dealing with Customer or Public, and Manager’s requirements.
· Frequent mental effort required in multi-tasking and handling interruptions that require constant refocusing.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
· Continuously requires manual dexterity speed and hand/eye coordination to operate computer systems daily.
· Periodic lifting of computer hardware and office administration materials such as Accounting & Finance files, binders, banker boxes, etc.
Responsibility for Resources:
· Responsible for work area.
· Responsible for confidential Accounting & Finance documents, equipment, and protocols related to the company.
· Continuously working at a workstation assigned by the Manager.
· Continuously working in a climate-controlled office.
· Infrequent travel to properties, as required.
· Frequent meetings to discuss various Accounting & Finance subject matter.
· Flexible working hours, as required.
Type of Supervision Required
· Works under general instructions to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
InnVest is an inclusive employer. As part of InnVest’s commitment to accessibility, we will ensure equality by providing a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow applicants to participate in the recruitment process to their full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting InnVest to arrange practical and appropriate accommodation. We appreciate all applications; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road