Pieridae owns and operates natural gas and liquids-producing assets across Canada, with a primary focus on our Foothills assets in Alberta which produce approximately 38,000 boe/day, in addition to three major sour gas processing facilities. Pieridae employs approximately 300 people across its operating locations and Calgary head office. We are an inclusive and diverse team with many exciting challenges and opportunities for learning and career growth.
The Pieridae Waterton Gas Complex is currently looking for a safety-oriented individual to fill an operations role for their high-pressure sour gas plant situated southwest of Pincher Creek, Alberta.
Reporting to the Plant Foreman you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and processes. You will provide direct guidance and support to operating staff and contractors to consistently meet or exceed expectations in the following areas: production; operating costs; corporate values; environment, health and safety, training; regulatory; and emergency response while in care and control of the facility.
· Responsible for the safe operation of a 1st class, 5500 e3m3/d sour gas plant with fractionation unit, stabilization unit, deep cut, sulphur plant, and all associated utilities.
· Responsible for isolation and permitting activities in a large industrial setting.
· Must meet the requirements of WHMIS, ABSA, and ASME codes as required.
· Must maintain a logbook and operate the site’s power boilers in compliance with the regulations.
· Must follow and apply the site’s safe work procedures.
· Must be able to take and direct calls from the public regarding the site’s activities. Our interactions with the community are critical to our business.
· Must be prepared to respond to an emergency and follow the site’s emergency response plan.
Education and Work Experience:
· Experience in sour gas processing facilities required
· Minimum 3rd class power engineering certificate required
· 5th Class driver’s license required
· Current certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to process changes and modifications
· Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems
· Excellent communication skill
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Work well with others in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work twelve hour rotating shifts and cover other operators during their absences.
Pieridae is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- sour gas facility: 1 year (required)
- 3rd Class Power Engineering Cert. (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
- H2S Alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG (preferred)
Work Location: In person