Date: September 6, 2023
Job Title: Manager, Marketing (4 Day Compressed/Hybrid Work Week)
Start Date: Mid to late October
Application Deadline: September 24, 2023
Reports to: Executive Lead, Creative Impact
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000
Hours of Work: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday (34 hours per week)
Location: Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue, Toronto (hybrid)
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Lead, Creative Impact, the Manager, Marketing will project manage marketing and communication initiatives within the Creative Impact department and across the CFC, including but not limited to: campaigns, events, learning programs, public programs and outreach, ensuring timely delivery and execution of projects.
About the CFC:
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable, cultural organization that drives the future of Canadian storytelling. Our intensive, hands-on programs in film, television and entertainment technologies empower, shape and advance opportunities for Canadian creators and entrepreneurs working in screen-based industries. Learn more atcfccreates.com.
What we offer:
· Compressed 34-hour hybrid work week over 4 days
· Cell phone & internet allowance
· Dental and Health benefits after 6 months of service
· RRSP Matching Plan after 2 years of service
· A diverse and inclusive workplace
· Paid winter closure
· A beautiful eight-acre estate in the city to call your workplace
· Manage the creative development and execution of CFC activities
· Oversee corporate branding initiatives, ensuring consistency and cohesion across the organization
· Manage graphic designer(s) in their development of creative artwork, e.g. electronic invites, advertisements, corporate collateral, event signage, brochures, posters, microsites, etc.
· Manage department volunteers as it relates to activities tied to the department
· Manage relationships with departmental vendors/suppliers as it relates to Marketing & Communications activity (i.e. ad agencies, photographers)
· Oversee the creative production and delivery of materials, e.g. evites, advertisements, collateral, event signage, website banners, social media assets, etc.
· Oversee cfcreates.com website and digital activities and efficient solutions for its evolution and use for CFC audiences (including liaising with (web) developers)
· Collaborating with various departments on cross-organizational initiatives
· Monitoring budgets, development and execution initiatives for all CFC activities
· Support efforts of the Executive Lead as it relates to strategy and activities tied to the CFC Blueprint
· Support the evolution of the CFC and be an ally and ambassador of the Centre and its alumni
· A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing, Advertising, or related fields.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of related branding, marketing, & graphic experience
- Superior judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Experience developing and maintaining business relationships
- Knowledge of marketing tactics, including digital, print, advertising, merchandising, social media, and brand initiatives
- Strong budgeting skills to effectively allocate resources for marketing purposes
- Able to work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team
- Experience in managing and overseeing others to deliver quality work
- Ability to remain focused in a fluid working environment with shifting roles/responsibilities
- Ability to act with accuracy and the appropriate urgency to meet the demands of projects/events within tight deadlines
- Experience managing a website and digital activities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress and HTML, and other design/video software programs
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people, have a friendly demeanor, and be highly adaptable to fast-paced working environments. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF Format) to [email protected] September 24, 2023, and indicate “Manager, Marketing” in the subject line.
The CFC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages interested applicants from all backgrounds to apply. The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is also committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected].
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-24
Expected start date: 2023-09-24