Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? Would you like to make a difference in the Environment? If you answered yes, our Whiteshell location is looking for an HR Generalist to assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and programs by providing support and guidance to managers and employees in the areas of labour relations, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, training, compensation, benefits and total rewards Can you see yourself provides support to the Human Resources Business Partner in their guidance, advice, service and support to line managers and employees as well as the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing!
- Providing Support to Management in HR related programs and processes
- Providing administration and coordination support on day to day tasks, programs and initiatives within the mission or department that is being supported.
- Providing consultation, coaching and support to the business in all areas of Human Resources
- Responding and resolving employee questions or escalate to Human Resources Business Partner.
- Providing human resources policy information and interpretations to collective agreements and/or legislation to internal customers on human resources matters including but not limited to relocation, compensation, recruitment and terms and conditions of employment
- Providing advice and assist managers and employees in the interpretation and implementation of Company policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Answering employee and manager inquiries on HR related programs and processes such as pension and benefit, leave programs, salary cycle, transfer process, etc.
- Advising management to ensure that Collective Agreements are being administered in a fair and consistent manner, promoting a positive culture for union/management relations
- Ensuring labour relations matters are managed fairly, consistently and pragmatically
- Resolving grievances as they arise and participate in the grievance process as needed
- Conducting and supporting investigations as needed
- Ensuring compliance with Canada Labour Code
- Analyzing and reviewing all dashboards for the Human Resources Business Partners.
- Preparing and routine or ad hoc HR reports for circulation and review.
- Assisting the HR Analyst with auditing, data integrity, reliability and consistency, and facilitate routine audit processes, both internal and external, as directed.
- Assisting HRBP’s or managers in completing and reviewing the Action Form for any employee’s changes.
- Updating and submitting the necessary paperwork to ServiceCNL for such things as terminations and employee status changes.
- Reviewing and follow-up with ServiceCNL on employee letters, documents and paperwork outstanding to complete transactions.
- Assisting in creating or revising templates as required with the HR Service delivery team.
- Researching and providing background history for HRBP’s and managers on such things as transfers, terminations, promotions, change in job classifications, merit increase dates as well as vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Providing advice and service to management on employee relations, performance management and disability management issues
- Supporting the annual performance and increase cycle
- Investigating and coordination of information with Pension and Benefits team
- Liaising with external vendors and internal stakeholders such as HR Subject Matter Experts to promote, educate or enhance related HR practices, projects, programs or initiatives.
- Assisting management in coming up with solutions to human capital related issues from a talent acquisition/organizational design/performance management perspective.
- Tracking and recording workforce planning needs
- Participating as needed in the intake meetings for the Request to Hire with the hiring manager
- Participating as needed in interviews
- Preparing and tracking data for the talent cycle
- Participating as needed in the talent review cycle meetings with managers and HRBP
- Understanding the needs of individual employees and the needs of the business and work with the employee and training to educate or enroll in specific programs
- Advising on any CNL programs or training
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education with a major in Human Resources or related field.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) Designation would be an asset.
- 5-7 years’ progressive experience within Human Resources.
- Familiarity with highly unionized environments and ability to read and interpret collective agreements.
- Strong customer service skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and emerging project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple clients and deliverables.
- Ability to develop a working level knowledge of CNL's Human Resources policies and procedures, collective agreements and legislation (i.e. Employee Equity, Pay Equity, Official Languages, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) with a strong ability using PowerPoint.
- Organized, Attention to Detail, Process Driven, Priority Setting, Customer Focused, Systems Agility/Tech Savvy, Approachable, Problem Solving, Organizational Agility
- Advanced knowledge of and understanding of relevant employment and workplace legislation (Canada Labour Code)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of job evaluation systems
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems, Oracle and Taleo considered an asset.
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
- Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
CNL works with employees across our Canadian locations to enable a hybrid workforce where possible. Our Hybrid employees work with their manager to establish expectations for when they will be on site vs when they are working from home.
CNL is Canada's premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
CNL respectfully recognizes and acknowledges that the Whiteshell Site is located within the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations, including those within Treaty 1, 3, and 5, and the homeland of the Red River Métis. CNL is thankful to have the opportunity to work on these traditionally and culturally significant lands and waterways.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Work from home
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB