Thorwin Properties is a large innovative property management and development company in Winnipeg. We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Focused on providing quality apartment homes, we currently own and manage approximately 1900 apartment rental units within Winnipeg. To know more about our company, please visit our website at https://www.thorwin.ca (https://www.thorwin.ca)
This is a full-time permanent job opportunity working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Competitive benefits (Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Health Spending, Company Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Program, paid Vacation and Sick time)
- Growing company and Long-term stability
- Coaching and support in a team environment
- Professional growth
The Administrative Assistant will support the Construction and Development Team to push through results by providing efficient and effective administrative services to the department. The incumbent will report to the Administrative Supervisor.
Essential Duties include but not limited to the following:
Education & Experience:
- Keep track of the permit applications and their status and follow up approvals.
- Draft contracts and submit contracts to supervisor for review and approval.
- Tender contracts to potential suppliers of goods and services.
- Award contracts or notify tenderers upon acceptance of their bid or proposal.
- Create work orders in Yardi.
- Organize files, maintain contact lists, write letters and emails.
- Prepare legal, financial reports and update spreadsheets.
- Respond to information requests, prepare the necessary documentation, and ensure follow-up actions.
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties including scanning documents, faxing, photocopying, electronic filing, data entry, etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Post secondary education in Legal Administrative program, Business or Office Administration or related field.
- Three (3) + years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with construction and/or knowledge of contracts is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent rapport with team and trade partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast phase environment using multiskilling and prioritization skills.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.