Custom Metal Contracting (Glazing Group) Ltd., located in Calgary, Alberta Canada specializes in commercial, institutional, tilt-up warehouse and high-end residential glazing. We manufacture, design, and install curtain wall, window wall, and railing systems for high rise condominiums.
We are currently seeking recent Graduates candidates for the position of Design Draftsman. Selected candidate will be reporting directly to our Design Manager. Great opportunity for the right graduate to start a career in this specialised field of Glazing. This is a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines for multiple projects in multiple cities and locations.
Our successful candidate will have a degree or diploma from SAIT / NAIT in the field of Architecture, Engineering. Experience is preferred in reading and developing 2D and 3D shop drawings, ACAD training, Bluebeam. Preferred candidate will have 1 – 3 years experience in curtain walls and the Glazing industry but are willing to train the right candidate. The successful candidate will be trained developing curtain wall shop drawings, Assembly, and fabrication drawings for our glazing Projects.
- Good Communication and analytical skills.
- Proficient in ACAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft outlook, word & excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively communicate with our project team and employees.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and shop drawings is a must.
- Hard working, self-motivated and a team player
- Organized and result oriented.
- Assist our Design Manager in the design of shop drawings from start to final approval.
- Implement and develop the assembly and fabrication drawings and cut lists and set out drawings for our Project Manager team.
- Work closely with our Design Manager to meet deadlines for design submittals for each project.
- Provide complete & accurate material take offs.
- Ensure tracking of project changes & Architect Instructions are documented and flagged accordingly.
- Track price changes in the scope of work and assist in preparing change orders.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and execute tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills. Must pay attention to the details and be self-motivated.
- Capability of offering solutions to technical needs and options to satisfy specification needs.
- Capability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Able to absorb and retain new information and training.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of a Diploma from SAIT or NAIT in Engineering or Architectural Technologies or similar.
- Experience in the Glazing industry would be preferred but CMC is willing to train the right applicant.
What We Offer:
- A competitive starting salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunity to work on monumental projects throughout Western Canada and USA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: To Be Negotiated
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Custom Metal Contracting (Glazing) Ltd. Calgary NE
Please note: Candidates must be able to commute to and from work and live or willing to relocate to Calgary.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T1Y 6Z8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person