Are you a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine graduate looking for the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your career in the United States? We’d love to talk to you!
With 380+ locations in 23 states, you can find a role with Southern Veterinary Partners that meets your specific requirements. Want to start your career in a big city? Done. Rural community more of your style? We’ve got those too. Envisioning yourself winding down on the beach? We can already hear the seagulls.
We are willing to support relocation and immigration services.
We’d love to meet you and learn about your career goals and aspirations. Apply today - we can’t wait to connect with you and help you find your dream job.
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing high-quality care to our patients while also developing rapport with their owners. In addition to physical examinations, surgeries, and dentistry, client communication and client education are of the utmost importance. It’s important that our Veterinarians treat each pet and client like part of the family.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine and attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which the applicant is applying
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold a great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery is a plus
AN ORGANIZATION BUILT TO SUPPORT YOU
Industry-Leading PTO Program
At SVP, we like to call it TRUE PTO--because here, you can actually take personal time off without worrying about making up lost production when you get back. Production-wise it’s like you never left. Relaxation-wise, it’s a game-changer.
Our Clinical Tracks Program offers RACE-approved CE credit facilitated by veterinary specialists to elevate the clinical skills of SVP veterinarians and credentialed technicians to enhance the care of patients. Courses offered: Dentistry, Oncology, Anesthesiology, and Cardiology…and more to come!
High Producers Bonus
Eligible DVMs will earn a bonus payout of up to 10% additional production in the month after contract renewal. The bonus rate will be determined by their contracted production rate and the amount of excess production. Here, you can earn a greater share of the success you help create. And the sky is the limit!
FULL PAY for four weeks. Because mamas deserve it. Plus short-term disability at 60% of your salary (six weeks for natural birth, eight weeks for C-section), and all still in addition to your PTO. (P.S. We definitely want baby pics when you’re ready to share!)
SVP Leadership Academy
At SVP, we never stop investing in you. And we’re turning our great veterinarians into great leaders. This executive education experience is designed to develop your business leadership acumen to drive success around your hospital’s culture, team development, and operations.
And the list continues…
- Educational reimbursement to support your teammates in becoming Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
- Peer Network: Enjoy 8,000+ phone-a-friend opportunities for veterinary professionals across the country who share the goal of a collaborative working environment.
- DVM Teammate Referral Program: Get rewarded for making connections that turn into amazing hires.
- Flexible Compensation Structure: Get paid in a way that works for you.
- 401(k): We’re serious about investing in our people. Our teammates receive a hefty 100% match on the first 3% they put in, plus a 50% match on the next 2%.
- Continuing Education Allowance: Our teammates receive 24 hours of PTO allowance hours each year exclusively for CE, with no production make-up needed. Additionally, SVP offers free CE throughout the year, most of which you can earn from the comfort of your couch.
- Lead DVM positions available for those ready for the next step.
- Regional and Area Medical Director growth tracks.
- New Hospital Equity Incentives: Join as a founding DVM and get substantial financial benefits.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Teledoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- DVM Maternity Leave
- Caring for Elderly Family
- Returning to Work After a Baby
- Moving to a New Community
- Grieving for a Lost Loved One
- Military Family Matters
- Job Relocation
- Buying or Selling a Home
- Industry-Leading PTO Program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Budgeting and Financial Guidance
- Professional Liability Coverage
- $5000 Relocation Allowance
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Retirement Planning
- Will and Testament Planning
- Tax Issues
- Identify Theft Recovery
- Legal Counseling
- Teammate Assistance Program
ABOUT SOUTHERN VETERINARY PARTNERS
We built this company around people, not around pet count or production. And we're built by veterinarians, so we understand that you want to join a team that challenges, supports, and rewards you, a place that gives you amazing opportunities and the freedom to do what you love most. Plus, with 380+ locations, we can find the right spot for you.
Our culture is defined by our WAG (Work Together, Amaze, and Grow) values, and we strive to ensure they resonate with everything we do.
WORK TOGETHER: By working together, we uncover solutions and opportunities that help elevate the team as a whole. And with our unparalleled peer network and depth of resources (think: in-house specialty referrals, a dedicated marketing squad, operations assets, and more), you always have the support that y hi ou need to do your best work.
AMAZE: Our mission is to amaze our clients with exceptional veterinary care and personalized client experiences, as well as to amaze our teammates with the drive to go the extra mile. We find ways to say, “yes”. And we treat others as we would like to be treated.
GROW: We always ask, “How can we do it/make it/be better?” We’re proactive in our quests for knowledge, new ways to engage our clients, and pathways for leadership and development among all of our teammates. With SVP, it’s not just a job. It’s a career.
A CELEBRATED AND AWARDED CULTURE
Our team’s continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than 8,000 employees nationwide. Our teammates’ dedication to ensuring our culture is best-in-industry hasn’t gone unnoticed as we have been recognized by Newsweek as the 19th Most Loved Workplace in America among many other accolades.
APPLY TODAY - WE CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU!
We’d love to get to know you and learn about your career objectives and aspirations. Regardless of where or how you want to practice, SVP has a place for you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $135,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
- Doctoral Degree (required)
- license to practice veterinary medicine (or will) (required)
Work Location: On the road