Rivercrest Lodge Nursing Home is a 74-bed long term care facility with an additional 6 hospice beds located in Ft. Saskatchewan, approximately 30 minutes north east of Edmonton, Alberta. We are currently looking for a .67 day position as well as casual Health Care Aides to provide routine nursing home and personal care services to our residents in accordance with our established policies and procedures. All applicants must have completed an accredited health care Aide program.
Please refer to our website at www.qualicarehealthservices.com
- Attractive Health and Dental program for permanent staff.
- Travel allowance for staff who commute a certain distance.
- Above average Staff and Resident/Family survey results make it a great place to work.
- RRSP matching program.
- Assist residents with daily living including feeding, dressing, toileting, bathing and grooming.
- Verbal interaction with residents focusing on customer service.
- Assist in all care requirements including maintenance of a safe, familiar home like environment.
- Reporting all changes in resident’s condition to the RN/LPN.
- Assist in proper recording and completion of resident charts.
- Assist in the implementation and delivery of proper care plan.
- Report to the RN/LPN.
- Must have completed an accredited health care aide program.
- Experience in the area of long-term care is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Positive, gentle, and calm attitude.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Salary: $20.80-$25.96 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Long Term Care Home: 1 year (preferred)
- HCA directory number; if not is it in process (required)
Work Location: In person