We are currently hiring Truck and Transport Technicians/Mechanics for our location in Saskatoon, SK .
What we offer:
- Earn up to $50.00 per hour (Base rate + premiums)
- Bonus program to earn paid days off
- Affordable benefits package that includes chiro/physio/massage, prescription medication and dental coverage
- Company Match RRSP program
- Flexible Tool and Safety Allowance
- Best in class vacation program
- Comprehensive OEM level training program
- Opportunity for advancement in a strong dealership network
Who we are:
Diamond Truck Centres is apart of the Diamond/Harbour Group. We are an International Truck dealership network with locations in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan. Our Service division provides our valued customers with trained experienced mechanics to perform quality repairs and maintenance in timely manner.
We are proud to offer our customers a variety of products and services, from trucks, trailers, school buses and parts & service. With our vast dealership network and extensive product lines, we are a one-stop solution for our customers to keep their business moving.
What is the Job?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing quality repairs & preventative maintenance services on heavy/medium trucks, trailers and school buses
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in safe and responsible manner within the designated timeframe
- Performing fault diagnosis and troubleshooting for mechanical & electrical failures
- Interpreting work orders and technical instruction
- Follow service processes and repair procedures
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty materials on completion of repairs
- Ensure service documentation is completed as per instructions.
- Participate in any technical training or development training that is made available
- Performing shop clean up and any other required tasks
- Maintain personal tooling
- Become familiar with and comply with the company’s safety manual and report any unsafe practices to a supervisor or manager
The heavy equipment technician is required to perform skilled repairs and maintenance on heavy & medium trucks by trouble shooting major and minors mechanic problems, performing diagnostics and repairing/adjusting all necessary mechanical components to correctly complete the repair. Heavy-duty technicians are a vital part of our service team by providing our customers quality repairs in a timely manner to help get them back on the road.
What you need:
- Qualified Heavy Equipment Technicians – Red Seal Journeyman Truck & Transport Technician certificate is required. Registered 2nd or 3rd year apprentices may be considered depending on experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience repairing medium/heavy duty truck is required. Experience in a dealership environment is an asset.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge with a well-rounded understanding of on-highway transport vehicles.
- Strong diagnostics skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task to ensure repairs are completed within the required time frame.
- Organized and self-motivated with good communication skills both written and verbal
- Customer focused with a strong work ethic to produce quality work in a timely manner to meet the needs of our customers
- A good understanding of warranty requirements and processes
- Ability to perform physically demanding work and lift up to 75 lbs frequently
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is required (eventually required to obtain a class 3 license, company training is provided)
- Diamond or Cummins certification, CVI and class 3 license is an asset
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person