This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you’ll be one of the pioneers shaping this transformation. You’ll join a small and rapidly growing client success team.
As a Business Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for working directly with clients in face-to-face virtual or in-person meetings, analyzing client operations data, working with project managers on project implementations, running service simulations, assessing key performance indicators, proactively driving client operational improvements, and providing technical systems support for multiple clients. You will develop a deep understanding of urban mobility challenges faced by transit operators. You will become an expert on RideCo’s technology platform and data-driven design and operation of transportation services.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Management Engineering / Applied Mathematics / Statistics / Finance / Business / Planning, or related discipline.
- Experience in data analysis and project management.
- 1 to 5 years of experience as an analyst, project management or related role.
- Data wizard: Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office and Google tools. Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau is an asset... Previous experience in a geospatial analysis program such as GIS is an asset.
- Top-notch communicator: Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills, especially when dealing with clients and executive stakeholders and internal senior management Experience preparing reports and presentations for senior management.
- Teamwork: Constant collaboration within the technical services team and cross-functionally with product team, data engineering, sales and marketing team. We help each other help our customers.
- Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario, or willing to relocate
- Willing to travel: approximately 15%, as needed. (Canada and United States)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary: $70K - $90K + performance-based bonus + stock options
- Work-Life Balance & Additional Perks: Flex-time work schedules, vacation time, bi-weekly catered lunches, social events, casual dress code
- Benefits Plan: Medical, dental, prescription, life/health spending accounts and more
- Work Environment: Located in KW's most desirable work space in the heart of Uptown Waterloo. This role requires in-office attendance at least 3 days a week.
- Commuter Program: Complimentary rides to and from work within the Waterloo region
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses and vans. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as Los Angeles Metro, San Antonio Metro, and Calgary Transit.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep, and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
RideCo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. Building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact [email protected].