Pitt Meadows Plumbing and Mechanical Systems
(PMP) has been a leader in the plumbing and mechanical industry for over 40 years. We pride ourselves on being a family-owned and operated company. We specialize in pre-fabrication, modular systems and installation of large scale residential, commercial, institutional, educational, and medical design-build plumbing and mechanical projects.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic team players to join our team as Plumbing Apprentices
at our job site Kamloops. This is a long-term, full-time employment opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package
- Employer-paid Extended Health & Dental benefits package
- Group RRSP program
- Opportunities for continuous education
- Growth opportunities
- Amazing corporate culture
- Respectful work environment
PMP offers a plumbing training and education apprenticeship program unique to our industry; it is company-paid!
We sign you up for school, track your hours with the ITA and give you the on-the-job experience that you need to advance towards your Red Seal.
Reporting to the Red Seal Plumber, the Plumber Apprentice will:
Skills & Requirements
- Assist Red Seal Plumber on all tasks related to the trade
- Carry out construction, assembly, alteration, or renovation of plumbing installations, possibly for single and multi-storey residential, commercial, and institutional environments
- Carry out construction, maintenance and repair to existing plumbing for gas appliances, water reticulation, sewage systems, drainage systems and roofing systems – digging drains, installing pipes, erecting sub-floor plumbing structures; wall and roof cladding and all plumbing hardware and fittings, appliance and assemblies
- Safely utilize hand tools and power tools
- Operate workshop equipment in a safe manner
- Handle and store plumbing supplies and materials
- Follow appropriate safety practices to access plumbing installations and when using ladders, other access ways, handrails, barriers, trench supports, scaffolding and mechanical lifts (if trained/licensed)
- Follow established employment and safety policies and procedures
- Read and interpret various types of construction/installation diagrams
- Follow written and verbal instructions in the workplace, on construction sites and trade school environments
- Communicate and interact with others in an appropriate fashion in the workplace, on construction sites and in trade school environments
- Perform other duties as required.
Who are you?
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and work your way up through the apprenticeship program with PMP
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Be able to work from heights of up to 25 feet in the air on scissor lifts or ladders
- Be mechanically inclined to work safely with hand tools and power tools
- Be able to withstand the high-stress and fast-paced environment on a construction site
- Be a team player (must be able to work well with others on construction sites, including PMP employees, contractors, sub-trades and others)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- You value teamwork and consider yourself a true team player.
- You represent yourself and your work with passion and pride.
- You strive to do the right thing, always.
- You want a challenging yet rewarding position.
Please Note: This role requires candidates to be fully vaccinated as required by the client.
Compensation: DOE + 5% RRSP + Full Benefits 100% Company-Paid + Life Insurance
To know more about us, please visit our website https://www.pittmeadows.net/
Check us out on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/pitt-meadows-plumbing/
See our employee reviews on Indeed https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Pitt-Meadows-Plumbing-&-Mechanical-Systems/reviews
Applications will not be accepted at our office or on the job site – online applications only.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.