Who we are:
Strategic Site Selection is Canada’s leading independent Hotel and Venue Sourcing company. Over fifteen years established, with clients ranging from large National Associations to Fortune 500 corporations, our business thrives on our people. Our culture demands dedication, integrity, intelligence, and resiliency.
The heartbeat of our brand includes growth, creative ideation, personal care, passion for planning, empathy, kindness, and care for each other. We provide a flexible work environment, while being challenged, forward thinking, and fun. We are a fierce driven team. We put our clients first and proudly celebrate a work hard/play hard methodology.
Alongside our rapid growth and expansion, we are committed to investing in the well-being of our people. Employee benefits, health and wellness support, flexible hours, and a fresh “work from anywhere” concept are only some of the perks you’ll experience as a member of our team. Join us as our brand undergoes a complete revitalization – celebrating our resilience and recognizing our unrivalled position within the industry.
What we are looking for:
As a HR & Office Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in our organization's success by providing essential support in various HR and administrative functions. You will work closely with the Director of HR and cross-functional departments to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of HR and virtual office processes across both the Strategic Site Selection and Sandbox Events teams.
- Assist with recruitment process by collaborating on writing job postings, reviewing resume submissions, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks and coordinating candidates for a seamless interview experience;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records using the HR Information System (HRIS);
- Generate HR reports and analytics for management review;
- Assist in performance review processes by tracking upcoming anniversaries, preparing documentation, and coordinating the scheduling for all parties involved;
- Coordinate new hire onboarding activities ensuring a smooth onboarding journey for all new hires;
- Support offboarding processes, including exit interviews and documentation;
- Track employee anniversaries, birthdays, and other milestones to promote a positive work environment;
- Process team expense reports by matching receipts and identifying any potential errors while maintaining accurate records;
- Assist with benefits administration including enrollment and changes;
- Monitor paid time off (PTO) balances for all team members;
- Prepare employment agreements and contracts for new hires and promotions, ensuring that employment agreements are compliant with company policies and legal requirements;
- Assist with data entry, filing and document organization as needed;
- Maintain a virtual inventory of necessary software tools, licenses and subscriptions, ensuring they are up to date and accessible to team members as needed;
- Other duties as assigned according to organizational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required;
- 2+ years of experience in HR and office administration roles;
- Proficient in HRIS software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- A proactive and adaptable team player who is self-motivated and can work in a fast-paced environment.
Strategic Site Selection is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Work Location: Remote