Are you deeply committed to driving diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives? Are you looking to take that next step in your DEI career? We are searching for a DEI Manager to join our team and help us continue to provide best-in-class service to our amazing group of clients. If you have experience in DEI or HR and want to get hands-on experience through working directly with high-profile clients, then this is the perfect role for you!
CultureAlly delivers an impactful combination of DEI Consulting, Training, and E-Learning through our platform. We are proudly founded by two women and are led by a CEO of colour. Since launching in 2021, we have grown quickly and are adding core team members who will play influential roles in establishing and growing the client team. We are inspired each day by the work we do in this industry and welcome those who want to join us.
This role will report directly to Hannah Stegen, one of the co-founders and Chief Product Officer at CultureAlly. This role will be tasked with ensuring client satisfaction through executing client deliverables. You will play an active role in evolving CultureAlly’s methodology, how we work with our consulting clients and building out our playbook. Like most startups, roles can evolve over time. Your focus may shift from time to time and you'll gain a ton of experience wearing multiple hats! As CultureAlly is a fast-growing company, there is a lot of potential to grow in this role professionally.
What you’ll do:
Deliver World Class Services:
- Oversee consulting services and clients ensuring client deliverables are met with high quality and on time.
- Leading clients through conducting culture assessments and analysis, developing DEI strategies and strategy implementation. Tailoring each approach specifically to the client, industry and size.
- Monitor client satisfaction, reflect and implement improvements to support CultureAlly’s services becoming the best in class.
- Supporting on facilitation and content creation for DEI trainings, including but not limited to foundations to DEI, Unconscious Bias, Anti-Racism, Allyship and Inclusive Leadership, etc.
- Coach DEI councils and committees on purpose, structure, initiatives and strategies.
- Ensure clients are equipped with the resources and communications they need to run a successful DEI program.
Deliver Excellent Client Experiences & Always Go Above And Beyond:
- Expanding our services and improving current approaches and processes to ensure we have the best services in the market.
- Communicate and consult with clients through meetings, presentations, written communications, project boards, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of our client’s goals, objectives, and pain points and how it relates to our services and solutions.
- Identify Client team growth opportunities and ways to surprise and delight our clients.
Work Collaboratively with the CultureAlly Team:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other CultureAlly teams. For example, supporting marketing by collecting testimonials from clients or advising sales on updates on training offerings.
- Project manage client deliverables and communicate to the client team as priorities shift and new deliverables come up.
Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent organization and project management skills to be able to lead multi year client projects.
- Strong DEI program development and implementation expertise and experience, specifically in strategy development. Or transferable skills (not limited to but could include: Human resources, employment equity, other business consulting, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to write reports, organizational communications, craft presentations and create learning materials/resources.
- Excellent relationship building skills, as you will be required to maintain and develop relationships with differing levels of staff and stakeholders including with c-suite and different internal teams.
- Ability to influence and engage Sr. Leadership and C-suite executives on the value of DEI programs
- Excellent listening, verbal communication, public speaking & presentation skills with the ability to adjust communication style and level of detail based on the seniority of the audience and to work with a broad range of clients with varying skill sets
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable with a high degree of ownership in a fast paced, collaborative and remote environment with ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with solid organizational and prioritization skills including attention to detail, project management and multitasking skills.
- High digital literacy. We’re a 100% remote and digital company and frequently use a variety of systems and softwares (ex. ClickUp, Slack, CultureAlly eLearning). You should be very comfortable using and picking up new software.
- Someone who is resourceful and enjoys to build hands-on (and sometimes from scratch).
Nice to haves, but not required (please don't let this hold you back from applying):
BONUS: Can facilitate trainings in both English and French
BONUS: Previous DEI experience
Report directly to the Co-Founder & CPO
Work from home/remote location (really!)
3 weeks paid vacation plus 3 leave days annually for religious or cultural events that are not on the government calendar or for just reconnecting with yourself
Access to top DEI mentors in the industry and regular checkins with CultureAlly’s DEI advisory team
D&I certificate programs (i.e. Cornell, etc.) & additional opportunities for continuous learning and development
Interview Process: Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and interviews may start sooner, if you are interested please submit an application as soon as possible.
Interview 1: Phone/Zoom Screen
Interview 2: 1 hr interview with an in-interview exercise with Co-founders
Interview 3: Assignment and presentation
Start Date ASAP (flexible)
Other things to know
As an early startup, we have spent a lot of time documenting the way we work, creating templates, etc. but we are still growing and there are some projects you will have the opportunity to build from scratch. This is an excellent opportunity to take ownership, explore your own creativity and feel like you are having a real impact in creating equitable and inclusive workplaces. If you’re someone who is tired of the bureaucracy and limits of the corporate workplace or you have already explored the startup world and enjoyed every moment, this is the right place for you! A place for your ideas and innovation to shine.
As a client-facing role, you are expected to be available from 9-5pm EST and flexible in working with client time zones and needs. Some meetings and training may occasionally fall outside of these hours.
Working with us:
CultureAlly is a fully remote DEI company with employees in Canada and partners across the globe. We currently are a team of 8 full-time and 5 part-time employees and launched operations in April of 2021.
We know there's much work to be done to improve DEI in the workplace and we aren't going to change things overnight, but if our work can ignite a ripple effect that leads to lasting positive change, then we are making the world a better place. And THAT is why we do what we do!
We're honoured to be doing this work and are excited to have you on board with us as you do some of the best work of your life!
Does this sound like THE opportunity for you? Please submit your resume and cover letter and let us know if there is anything we can do to enable your full, accessible and inclusive participation in our recruitment process. Please also include the secret code word in your application: Buttons
If you don’t meet all the qualifications above, we would still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for great people that can help us make a positive impact in the world!
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Why are you interested in this role?
Work Location: Remote