- Experience life and make a difference in one of Canada's northernmost communities!
- Be rewarded with an annual salary of $113,764 to $129,128, boosted by a $22,178 Northern Allowance!
- Make impactful decisions in community initiatives as our new Homeownership Programs Manager
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) is an agency of the Government of Nunavut, serving the housing needs of one of the fastest-growing and youngest populations in Canada. NHC's mandate is to create, coordinate, and administer housing programs, ensuring fair access to affordable housing options for families and individuals in Nunavut. As part of the Nunavut 3000 Strategy, a collaboration between the government and its partners, NHC is committed to delivering 3,000 new housing units across the housing continuum by 2030.
The Government of Nunavut was selected as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and recent graduates in 2021. Nunavut is a dynamic and vibrant territory that is committed to creating a better future for its people. As a government, we strive to strengthen our unique model of governance by integrating Inuit societal values, promoting the use of the Inuktut language, achieving a representative public service, and collaborating with partners to achieve the promise of Nunavut.
The NHC is seeking a Manager, Homeownership Programs, based in Arviat, Nunavut.
In this pivotal role, you will be:
- Spearheading the development, enhancement, monitoring, and evaluation of NHC’s Homeownership Programs across the territory
- Championing training initiatives, offering advice and guidance to District program delivery staff
- Overseeing program delivery across the three Districts, streamlining processes for the 25 Local Housing Organizations (LHOs)
- Leading strategic consultations within the corporation, engaging with Senior Management, Policy, Finance, and Technical Divisions
- Ensuring the program resonates with Nunavut residents, guaranteeing both efficiency and effectiveness
To qualify, you must have:
- A post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Political Science, Business Administration, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a housing-related field, with at 2 years of experience in training and staff development
The following will be considered assets:
- Experience with Crown Corporations or Government Departments
- Fluency in multiple official languages of Nunavut (including English, French, and Inuktut)
- Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit
- Experience in a remote, northern cross-cultural setting
Lastly, you'll exemplify stellar leadership, demonstrate exceptional communication skills, showcase adaptability to diverse scenarios, and foster a collaborative spirit within our team.
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive salary range of $113,764 to $129,128 plus a Northern Allowance of $22,178 per year. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employer-sponsored travel costs (inclusive of flights, accommodations, and per diem)
- Subsidized housing provided (shared accommodations)
- Pension plan
- Relocation privileges
- Opportunities for training and career advancement
- And many more!
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English, and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. An eligibility list may be created to fill similar current and future vacancies across Nunavut.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!