Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Who We Are:
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care, and pet care products.
Graphic Packaging International’s history extends more than 100 years, as numerous legacy companies have joined forces to create an ever-evolving corporation. Despite our name changes over the years, our dedication to innovation, quality, and service never changes.
We are a folding carton manufacturing plant looking for a candidate with strong mechanical and technical experience/aptitude to join our Finishing Department as a Gluer Machine Operator. This position is responsible for set up and maintaining folder/gluer equipment and processes to produce folding cartons.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for quality of product and efficiency of production.
- Run the job according to customers specifications.
- Performs, understands and follows make ready as required which includes general set up of the folder/gluer machine.
- Adjust machinery to fit specific style of carton being processed.
- Responsible for maintaining machinery at optimum speed.
- Observes automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box to detect machine malfunctions.
- When malfunctions occur, operator is to be able to detect cause and make appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains equipment by performing minor maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs and authorized modifications.
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding.
- Maintain accurate records of quality and production.
- Leading members of crew working on machinery. Is fully responsible to ensure team members are working efficiently and safely.
- Communicates relevant information to facilitate the flow of production.
- General clean up.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in ongoing training.
- Not limited to and including other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience:
- Grade 12 or acceptable experience.
- English language knowledge/ability – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in fast-paced Manufacturing/production environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience in operating industrial machinery/equipment required – relating to Gluer preferred.
- Strong mechanical/technical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- Good use of hand and power tools/repairs.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Available to work Weekly Rotation Shift schedule.
- Must be both familiar and able to adhere to company safety policies and government legislation (ie. Occupational Health and Safety Act).
- Respect individuals, the organization, authority, the community and the team.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $25.34 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Manufacturing: 1 year (required)
- Machine Troubleshooting: 1 year (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person