Job: Operating Room Nurse (RPN/RN)
GHA Surgical Centre – Hamilton, ON
GHA Surgical Centre is an exciting development in the delivery of ambulatory endoscopic services in the greater Hamilton area. In addition, GHA has two fully equipped Operating Rooms which are used for many different surgeries including plastics/cosmetic and urology, bariatric procedures. GHA is an 8,000 square foot, free standing facility conveniently located on Upper James Street, near the corner of Mohawk Road. It is just a few minutes travel from the Linc and Highway 403.
The Directors and Medical Staff include local community and hospital leaders who have practiced for years in Hamilton and maintain active hospital privileges. This allows GHA to provide continuity of care for any patients who may require hospital based medical or surgical equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including JCAHO, HIPAA and OSHA
- Performing nursing tasks, demonstrating clinical competency, including but not limited to: administer medications correctly, set up sterile field correctly, and performs equipment disinfection and sterilization correctly.
- Completing all required documentation accurately, in a timely manner, and thoroughly in accordance with company standards
- Communicating effectively with team including Physicians, Medical Assistants, Patient Coordinators and others daily clinical and surgical schedule and is able to anticipate appropriately
- Documenting clinical and surgical chart notes appropriately and accurately
- Ensuring the highest level of patient care and patient service is provided at all times
- Consistently following policies and procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes Increasing physicians' overall patient retention by providing the highest quality patient care and patient experience
- Assisting in all aspects of a clinical and surgical environment Remaining tactful, mature and able to get along with diverse personalities
- Completing other projects and / or duties and assume various responsibilities as determined by Clinical Leadership Members
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Current Nursing License (RN, RPN) with a minimum of two years Operating Room experience ACLS Certificate required for all Nurses
- Has experience assisting Anaesthesia staff with the intubation/extubation of patients undergoing anaesthesia including awareness of purpose and location of routine and essential supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of routine drugs used intraoperatively as well as familiarity with emergency drugs and location, assisting the anaesthetist to administer these efficiently.
- IV Certificate required for LVNs/LPNs in certain states only (i.e. CA, PA, NV)
- Experience working in a plastic cosmetic surgery, Urology or Bariatrics office is a big plus!
- Availability to work weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays) as needed
- High energy with a strong focus on patient-care and patient-experience
- Ability to function well both independently and as part of a team
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: In person