Rock Construction & Mining Inc. is seeking competent, experienced Down the Hole (DTH) and Top Hammer Drillers for projects in Yellowknife, NT. We also have opportunities for drillers in Yukon, NWT.
Rock Construction & Mining Inc. is a mining company specializing in drilling and blasting applications such as road and highway construction, quarry and mine production, infrastructure foundations and hydro-electric development across Canada, with more than 50 years of combined executive experience in excavation. The company was founded with the philosophy of providing a safe, efficient and guaranteed service. ROCK's consideration to project parameters prior to bidding has subsequently enforced a positive reputation for meeting client expectations.
Competent Down the Hole (DTH) and Top Hammer Drillers.
Skills & Experience
- Proven DTH or Top Hammer Drilling experience is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Knowledge of drilling diameters within the range of 4” – 10” minimum.
- Ability to complete a competency skills test
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and ability to determine unsafe/safe working conditions
- Hard working with great attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and safely
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Complete accurate daily reporting
- Successful candidates will be required to complete project-specific online training and orientation, including D&A clearance.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive rates and benefits, based on experience.
Due to the large volume of applications, calls will not be taken via the office. Any queries relating to the role are welcomed via email or chat function only.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with ROCK, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Mining & Extraction Occupations: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person