ENVIROS - Who We Are:
Enviros is an innovative social services agency that provides critical, individualized programs to children, youth, adults, and families in vulnerable situations to meet their desired outcomes and wellness.
Enviros helps our clients make strength-based changes to move to independence within a healthy community.
Enviros focuses programs on the unique needs of individual clients, practicing experiential learning to provide opportunities for personal discovery and growth.
Enviros focus on building relationships and is the foundation of our work. This enables clients to develop skills, healthy trust, and independence.
Since our founding in 1976, Enviros has been an early adopter of new evidence-based best practices and has developed and informed other leading practices.
Why People Choose Enviros
Simply stated, our vision is: “The Power of Human Relationships Invites Belonging and Inspires Growth.”
Enviros’ Principle Based Practice is a model that utilizes principles to guide and drive action in practice, a decision-making tool in our interventions addressing critical areas of need, and the foundational structure of support for the crucial work we do, incorporating strengths and culture into our day-to-day interactions.
The Program – Connects
Connects is a 4-bed intensive treatment program for children aged 6-12; the space is a traditional home with a yard and individual bedrooms that the children can decorate. The treatment team is dedicated to strengthening the child’s positive behaviour, caregiver relations and decreasing family conflict (if involved) with the goal of integrating the child back to their home or into a meaningful long term placement.
The Position – Supervisor
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Supervisor provides support by overseeing the program. This role involves developing and maintaining a positive and safe work environment utilizing experiential education and a strength-based approach. The Supervisor is to create and maintain positive relationships with the community, neighbours, professionals, and staff members. The Supervisor is responsible for assisting and directing staff in their work with clients.
The Program Supervisor must follow and actively support all Enviros’ policies and procedures, health and safety protocols, and legislative protocols and provide support as needed so that accreditation standards are met.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (sometimes working hours could be changed if it required by the program).
1. Program Leadership
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Establish and maintain an intake process for the program as per contract requirements
- Maintain contact with the client’s Case Workers as needed, as well as other involved professionals
- Provide access to community resources, client support and crisis intervention
- Participate in the agency on-call system
- Maintain program standards and licensing as required
- Ensure case plans are developed, implemented, and reviewed on a regular basis
- Ensure the program is meeting intended outcomes as outlined in the contract agreement
- Organize and maintain a safe working environment
- Other duties as required
2. Enviros Leadership Team
- Actively support and develop the Enviros Strategic and Business Plan
- Promote staff involvement within the Enviros community
- Attend Leadership Meetings as required
- Organize and chair program team meetings
3. Organization and Administration
- Oversee program budget and maintain expenses in conjunction with the Manager
- Ensure all program files and client paperwork has been completed
- Compile and report on outcome measures, nominal roles, monthly reports, quarterly reports, annual reports, and other reports as required
For Consideration, Applicants Will Need to Demonstrate the Following
The successful applicant will have an understanding of Children’s Services and Child/Youth based programming. Applicant must be able to work with multiple community partners and stakeholders.
- Diploma / Undergraduate Degree in Human Services
- Experience supporting children, youth, adults and families in healthy change
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with experiential learning and strength-based practice
- A current criminal record check including vulnerable sector (completed within the last six months)
- A current Alberta Intervention Record check (completed within the last 12 months)
- A current First Aid and CPR/AED ‘C’ certificate
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected], attention: Candace Windisch. Quoting Job Reference #2357. Competition for this posting close when a suitable candidate is found.
Enviros believes in the power of diversity, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, to apply.
Enviros is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $65,000.00-$68,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person