About Banyan Software:
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets.
In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced software consolidator on a significant growth trajectory with an unmatched M&A environment. This position is a newly created role and provides the unique opportunity to lead the M&A tax function - a core function for Banyan. As the M&A Senior Tax Manager, you will manage the tax planning and due diligence process for all acquisition opportunities and ensure that tax issues are addressed and tax saving opportunities are implemented. You will be highly visible to key internal and external stakeholders in the M&A process and bring value by enhancing the speed and throughput of the M&A tax process within a risk based framework. Reporting to the Director of Tax, and working closely with M&A leadership, the ideal candidate will have a background in M&A tax, tax compliance and tax accounting in different countries, and be able to work independently and collaborate with other departments, including M&A, finance, and legal. This role requires a tax professional looking to challenge themselves in a fast-paced environment and continue to learn and advance their career in industry.
This new role is critical to Banyan’s long-term growth and represents an exciting opportunity for an upwardly mobile professional to institutionalize M&A tax practices in a highly acquisitive business. In addition, they will bring a proven ability to drive efficiency through process improvement and new tools. Teamwork and positivity are key foundations of this growing finance group’s culture and ethos.
- Lead and manage the M&A tax process for Banyan’s acquisition opportunities, including performing tax due diligence procedures and recommending tax-efficient acquisition structuring steps.
- Build out the M&A tax team and optimize the M&A tax process, including hiring and leading offshore resources.
- Document and communicate tax due diligence findings to non-tax specialists internally at Banyan.
- Work with legal counsel to implement acquisition steps and ensure exposures identified during due diligence are addressed in purchase agreements.
- Collaborate with internal finance and operational teams to ensure that tax findings identified pre-acquisition are addressed post-acquisition.
- Manage and utilize external tax advisors in different countries to support the M&A tax process.
- Provide verbal and written responses to inquires from tax authorities related to pre-acquisition tax matters.
- Assist with the review of tax related items on purchase price adjustment and purchase price allocation calculations.
- Assist with ad hoc tax projects, including tax research, analysis, and written memos.
Qualifications for success:
The ideal candidate for the role will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation. Masters of Taxation or Completion of Canadian In-Depth Tax program is an asset.
- 5+ years of tax experience, including 2+ years of M&A income and sales tax experience. Experience preparing corporate income tax returns and income tax provisions is an asset.
- Strong hands-on experience with US corporate taxes required. Exposure to Canadian, UK and Australia corporate taxes is an asset.
- Experience leading the M&A tax process for the acquirer, including collaborating with non-tax teams (M&A, finance, legal) during the pre- and post-acquisition integration process.
- Experience managing and utilizing external M&A tax advisors in different countries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing tax memorandums.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated and energetic with interest in entrepreneurship, software, and finance.
Banyan Software encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veterans’ status.