Montréal Gateway Terminals is one of the leading port operators in Montréal, providing container handling, ship loading and unloading, as well as storage and distribution services for goods.
By choosing MGT as your employer, you will join a talented and passionate team that values excellence and commitment to our customers. We offer a stimulating, rewarding, and safe work environment, along with a dynamic company culture where every team member can contribute to the company's success.
Discover the maritime industry and various professions by watching this informative video.
The health and well-being of our employees and their families are our top priority. We offer competitive working conditions and benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive and flexible group insurance coverage from the start of employment
- Defined contribution pension plan with employer participation
- 17 vacation days from the first completed year
- Skills development program
- Employee and family assistance program
- Years of service recognition program
- Free parking
- Permanent position, unionized;
- 40-hour workweek, Saturday to Sunday;
- Rotating schedules (day-evening-night) every two weeks.
- Respond to service calls;
- Supervise your team members and ensure their safety and efficiency;
- Ensure compliance with established processes, procedures, standards, and rules;
- Control the quality of work performed on equipment;
- Ensure and coordinate the prioritization of interventions during equipment breakdowns;
- Receive, analyze, or initiate work orders, considering the need for parts, internal and external labor;
- Plan corrective and preventive maintenance;
- Perform any other related tasks as mentioned in the collective agreement.
- A Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Industrial Mechanics, combined with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Three to five years of experience as a mechanical or electrical engineer would be considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervising a multidisciplinary maintenance team in a unionized environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritization management;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven leadership and team mobilization abilities;
- Ability to work outdoors to supervise work;
- Availability for rotating shifts (day/evening/night), from Sunday to Saturday;
- Proficiency in common computer tools, including MS Word and MS Excel;
- Spoken, written, and read bilingualism (French 80%-English) adapted to the role.
Are you interested?
Send us your CV now!
We appreciate your interest in our company, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Montréal Gateway Terminals practices employment equity, and the use of masculine pronouns is solely for the purpose of brevity and includes both women and men.
As we are located in a regulated zone and due to our activities, successful candidates will need to obtain a Transportation Security Clearance issued by Transport Canada to work with us upon hiring. For information, please click here.