HR Coordinator (Intern)
Start/End Date: Jan. 2024 - Aug. 2024 (8 months)
This position is grant funded. Due to funding requirements, only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered.
- Registered as a domestic student in a recognized post-secondary institution
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
** Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis
WHO WE ARE
Belmar is a fast-growing Salesforce consulting company seeking a talented, self-motivated, individual wanting to further their career as a HR Coordinator! We're a customer-focused company and our team is passionate about customer success.
At Belmar we're a little different from other consulting firms as Salesforce.com is the only platform that we specialize in. We offer an entrepreneurial environment and expect our team to continually push themselves to be better. We provide flexible work schedules and as a team are building a consulting practice that is influencing North American businesses of all sizes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As a HR Coordinator, your contribution will have a lasting impact on Belmar. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who can take initiative to solve problems. You are creative in nature, and possess exceptional organizational skills.
A positive workplace culture is extremely important, so you must love what you do, drive results, and be fun to work with. You will be working in a multi-faceted role that will be integral to the success of Belmar.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist in day-to-day HR activities, including employee onboarding, offboarding, and maintaining HR records.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Specialist in the recruitment process, including job posting, candidate sourcing, and interview coordination.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating employee engagement initiatives, such as the new initiatives and the Belmar Annual Retreat.
- Support HR compliance by helping with policy updates, documentation, and other HR-related tasks.
- Assist in HR communications, such as preparing HR-related documents and announcements.
- Assist the HR Manager with ad-hoc tasks.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Our team comes from various backgrounds and levels of experience, but we have found that those who enjoy the most success have the following things in common:
- Currently enrolled in a BCom/BBA with specialization in HR, MIS/BTM, and/or Strategy.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms for purposes of recruitment (eg. LinkedIn Recruiter).
- Working Knowledge of HR Policies and how to implement them in growing teams.
- Previous experience working in a HR role and/or technology space is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.