We know what it means to put the customer first—our business is built upon a tradition of exceptional, individualized customer service. Our employees experience the excitement and satisfaction that comes from working for a successful, expanding company where every team member makes a difference and where initiative and hard work are valued and rewarded. We are confident that if you choose to work at ROBINSON, you will be taking your first steps towards a challenging, profitable, and satisfying career.
ROBINSON is looking for a Manager, Facilities to oversee the property maintenance of our distribution warehouses, showrooms and support office. Working closely with business leaders and contractors, this position will also lead and manage new and ongoing construction projects, keeping them on track to successful completion.
This position is open to candidates in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg.
What you will do:
- Ensure preventative maintenance activities are completed and in compliance with provincial and regulatory codes
- Schedule necessary building repair and maintenance services (e.g. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, security systems, life safety systems, etc.)
- Work directly with contractors to administer property contracts (e.g. waste & recycling, landscaping & snow removal, cleaning, etc.)
- Assist in the selection and negotiation of property maintenance vendors and suppliers (e.g. waste & recycling, roofing, raking, etc.)
- Work with our tenants, managing and resolving all property issues and concerns
- Manage building security, ensuring proper safeguards are in place and maintained by managers
- Lead and manage all building openings and moves, acting as the main point of contact for contractors, supplies, vendors, etc.
- Develop annual capital facility budgets with managers and provide support in the planning and execution of any capital facility projects
- Review and authorize invoices for renovation and maintenance activities
- Participate in facility inspection and risk assessment, recommending corrective action plans as required
- PMP Certification or Property Management Certification (e.g. CPM, MPM, CCIM or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience in property maintenance in multiple provinces (preferably BC, AB, SK, MB &/or ON)
- 5+ years experience overseeing construction projects (i.e. managing renovations, moves and/or opening new locations)
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle to travel between locations
- Able to travel (approximately 20%)
- Understand workplace safety requirements and how it relates to property maintenance (e.g. racking maintenance, snow clearing, building lighting, etc.)
- Confident using Excel, including imputing and sorting data, entering formulas, completing VLOOKUP, developing Pivot Tables, etc.
- Experience in developing PowerPoint presentation including creating graphs, tables, and charts
- Familiar with project management applications such as Smartsheet, MS Projects or JIRA
ROBINSON values your experience and recognizes the contributions you make to the success of our business. Your starting pay will be based on the skills and experience you bring to the role. In BC, employees in this position can expect to earn $70,000 to $100,000 per year, with opportunities to earn more as you grow and develop with us. Your salary will be supplemented with monthly bonus opportunities, annual profit share, wellness days, RRSP program and a generous benefits package.
Visit our careers site to explore more opportunities with ROBINSON
Family-owned ROBINSON is a leading Canadian distributor of plumbing, heating, electrical, and lighting products. Today, the company serves customers in the construction industry and retail home improvement markets through a network of 32 distribution warehouses and showrooms in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. ROBINSON’s reputation as a growing company with a customer-service oriented culture continues to attract and retain top quality people and has earned it Platinum status among Canada’s Best Managed Companies. ROBINSON is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace. We strive to foster an environment that values our differences and believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
ROBINSON will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities throughout our interview and selection process.
Thank you to all interested candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.