Are you a student looking for an exciting opportunity that is full of meaningful, diverse, and ambitious assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? Join Canadian Natural where we strive to provide opportunities based on your abilities, helping you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects!
Join Canadian Natural and have the chance to work on challenging projects that will develop your expertise and prepare you for full-time employment! Successful candidates have typically enjoyed the hands-on experience, utilizing their strong problem solving skills and 'owning their business'. This student opportunity is a 4-month term from May to August, located at one of Canadian Natural’s Western Canadian Operations. As a Relief Operator Summer Student (ROSS) at Canadian Natural, you will gain a fantastic learning experience and exposure to a wide range of oil and gas operating systems. Work outdoors for the summer alongside experienced industry professionals on light oil, heavy oil, gas plants, oil batteries, water floods, and/or pump jacks and join a company culture that fosters a fun working environment!
- Term length: 4 or 8 months
- Term start: January or May 2024
- Job location: one of our various field locations throughout Alberta, Northern BC, or Saskatchewan
- Shift schedule: 8d6x/10 HR or 7d7x/12 HR (the schedule may include night rotations). Must be prepared to remain on-call during off-hours
- Safety sensitive position: Yes
- Gain insight and experience into how the Oil and Gas industry operates
- Utilize your hands-on mechanical aptitude and experience to solve daily problems in an effort to increase and maintain production volumes
- Be accountable for light oil, heavy oil, gas, gas plants, and/or oil batteries
- Work with water floods, EOR, pump jacks, and/or PC pumps
- Perform well testing techniques and production reporting
What You Bring to The Role:
- Currently enrolled in your 1st or 2nd year of a related technologist diploma program. Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical disciplines preferred.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license or equivalent out of province license and feel comfortable driving a half ton work truck in a safe manner
- Strong mechanical aptitude is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Students may be eligible for relocation assistance pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Student Relocation Policy. Students will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term.
- Safety boot allowance
- Safety training certifications and PPE covered
- Multiple volunteer opportunities within the community
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Check out our Compensation & Benefits overview to see what we have to offer!
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural operates one of the largest Campus Recruitment programs in the country hiring just over 400 students every year. Students hired on with us are made to feel a part of the team, gaining high-level experience, knowledge, and training that introduce and prepare you for full-time employment.
Many of our co-op students are successfully hired for permanent positions upon graduation. Our structured new grad developmental programs exemplify our mandate to develop and advance our people. We are proud to share that Canadian Natural has been ranked as a Top Employer for 2023 by Canada's Future Workforce.
- Industry Leader: We commenced business in 1989 with a handful of employees and modest production, but today we employ more than 10,000 people and produce over 1 million BOE/d.
- Culture of Innovation: As a leading investor in R&D, we are in a unique position to find innovative ways to continuously improve our business and enhance environmental practices. This approach is key to ensuring a sustainable future and responsible energy production.
- Community Investment: Social responsibility is a critical element of our commitment to responsible operations and part of our success and pride as a Company. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work, creating shared value along the way.
- Compensation and Benefits: We strive to share Company success with all employees through a comprehensive total compensation package.
- Our People, Our Stories: Our stories demonstrate the strong culture that exists at Canadian Natural – one that focuses on developing people, working together and doing it right, with fun and integrity.
Check out some of our Student Testimonials!
All candidates applying to Canadian Natural must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This posting will close once a successful candidate has been selected.