NOVA Networks is seeking a Microsoft System Developer to provide technical development on the Microsoft platform, technical support, and advice to the staff members on how to optimize the system to support their work. As a member of the Information Technology team, they are responsible to support, advise and champion the efficient flow of information within the organization while adhering to privacy and security policies.
Technical Development and Support:
- Work with a team to assess and execute technical development and support the staff using Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365.
- take ownership of the development lifecycle on projects, including planning, developing, testing, debugging, and deployment of applications, solutions, and optimizations;
- conduct thorough testing of applications and solutions to identify and fix any defects or issues before deployment;
- design and implement efficient workflows within Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365 to streamline processes and enhance efficiencies;
- contribute to project management plans, ensuring timelines are well thought out and communicated to stakeholders and appropriate project evaluation is done at completion;
- champion the adoption of coding best practices and development methodologies across the team. Strive for coding excellence, emphasizing code readability, maintainability, and scalability;
- provide technical support to all Microsoft Data systems;
- advise on the systems’ abilities and technical limitations;
- act as a resource on all technical enhancements / modifications done by Microsoft to their platform;
- contribute to the technical design, implementation, and configuration of the Power Platform and Dynamics 365 systems in collaboration with the Assistant Director, Information Technology, stakeholders, and developers;
- assist in monitoring and maintaining both the production and backup environment as well as implementing controls to ensure data security, using a high level of judgement on when to apply system upgrades, updates, and patches;
- identify the need for and implement enhancements to the system, both as needed and pro-actively, in consultation with staff and the IM team;
- assist in the integration of APIs to enable seamless data flow and communication between various systems to enhance the overall functionality;
- general support to staff as needed.
Business solutions design and development:
- Use broad knowledge of various systems and technical functions to improve efficiencies and operations across all teams;
- liaise with staff to learn and understand business requirements and to make recommendations/proposals for technical solutions to support those requirements;
- examine and evaluate current processes in place and designs, develops, tests and documents new technical solutions, where appropriate;
- provide user documentation, training, and post-implementation support. Collaborate with team, ensuring that management is kept informed of project status and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately and clearly communicated;
- collaborate closely with the information management team to ensure solutions are consistent with the overall Information Management strategy;
Other duties as required