Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
We currently have an opening for Accounting Clerk in our Summerside office.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide accounting and clerical assistance to the Accounting Department;
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements;
- Maintain accurate accounting records;
- Review pre-bills and prepare invoices for payment;
- Reconcile trust accounts;
- Complete transactions such as payments, wire transfers, printing cheques and receiving payments on accounts;
- Other accounting duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary studies with a focus in accounting or related experience;
- Competency in the use of MS Office, especially Excel, and accounting software programs;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Accurate and efficient data entry and keyboarding skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Cox & Palmer, PEI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Wage range – $20-$25 an hour, which is determined by experience;
- Paid sick days, along with four personal days;
- Firm paid Health, Dental, and Life insurance plans;
- Group Pension Plan with employer matching contributions;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program;
- An annual Health and Fitness Allowance.
This position will remain posted until successfully filled.
Please submit a resume and covering letter to:
97 Queen Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A9
We thank all candidates for their interest in Cox & Palmer; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.