This farm labour position will be responsible for regular checks of the poultry facilities while the eggs are being collected by the egg gatherer, as well as regular maintenance and cleaning in poultry barns.
This job position is primarily weekdays, but has the possibility of regular scheduled weekends. (one weekend of mornings per month)
Initial Regular tasks include but are not limited to:
- Barn checks (checking for mortality and comfort of hens)
- Cleaning assigned barns by sweeping and using a backpack blower Maintenance of barn equipment
- Between flock cleaning and disinfecting
- Being involved in moving flocks of chickens from grow barns to egg laying barns
- Assisting in placing day old chicks into grow barns
- Willing to work a regular monthly weekend shift
- Reliable transportation
- Able to start by 7:00am
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
- Ability to work independently without supervision
Working conditions can include hot and dusty environments.
Dedicated barn shoes will be supplied to you. Masks, gloves, and coveralls are available at your disposal.
Major duties and wages can increase with time and experience.
To lower the possibility of cross contamination applicants can NOT have poultry at home, or have regular contact with other types of birds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person