TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Generates sales revenue by prospecting and adding new program commercial customers, as well as cross selling and upselling current commercial customers.
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
2. Sells programs and services to present and prospective customers through means of telemarketing and traveling throughout assigned territory.
3. Develops sales programs and strategies.
4. Promotes customer retention and superior service through person-to-person contact and telephone calls.
5. Measures lawns and conducts turf analysis.
6. Quotes prices, prepares sales contracts, and obtains required approval for orders obtained.
7. Maintains current and accurate records on all commercial accounts to include top fifty master account folders, master prospect list, prospect qualification forms, pricing worksheet, and on-site property analysis.
8. Estimates date of service to customer, based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
9. Maintains proper sales reports.
10. Investigates and collects overdue balances on commercial accounts.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or two to three years related experience in lawn/horticulture agronomic field and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have sales experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of customer service situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Customer relations
- Extensive local travel
- Oral and written communications
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Self motivator
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Come Grow with US! Excellent salary plus bonus and benefits plan!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person