CGI, one Canada's top IT consulting company, is seeking bright and dynamic students to support our clients in strategic consulting, IT management, system integration, and intellectual property.
What can I expect from CGI'S co-op program?
Our coop program is designed to help students enhance their skills, explore their professional interests through hands-on experience and mentorship, and develop essential skills. As an intern, you will have access to:
- Professional development sessions
- Professional development platform
- Networking events with colleagues and leaders
- Guidance and mentorship from leaders and colleagues to establish and achieve your professional goals
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Understand and interpret client needs and design potential solutions
- Evaluate, propose, and launch process improvement initiatives
- Assess and suggest enhancements to deployment management processes
- Test and participate in the implementation of new tools aimed at process improvement
- Support the service delivery team in transferring projects to operational teams
- Conduct in-depth analyses of incidents to identify trends and common points for correction
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Must be a student in electrical engineering or software engineering.
- Good knowledge in the electrical field
- Have good understanding about Active, Reactive, Apparent Power
- Equipment that makes up an electrical network and their main function (Transformer, Line, Load Shedding, Synchronous Compensator / Capacitor Bank)
Knowledge of standards and safety aspects in the electrical field
- ASP Construction is a good indicator.
Understanding of roles involved in the Electrical Network
- Understanding of the testing execution process
- Understanding of the test writing process (Functional, non-functional, boundaries)
- Understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria
- Quality of documentation and execution reports
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus.
Interpersonal and Personal Skills
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Show initiative
- Be flexible regarding the major principles and processes mentioned above.
- Be available and help colleagues when possible.
- Know when to ask for help when needed.
- Humility and the ability to self-reflect for personal development.
- Attention to detail