Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s #1 employee benefits plan for small businesses. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work strategically with the Business Development Director for Ontario to promote Johnston Group employee benefit products, identify new partners, and increase our market share. This is a home-based position located in the Waterloo, Windsor, Guelph, London, Ontario region. This crucial role requires frequent travel throughout southeastern Ontario to service existing partners and develop new opportunities.
As the successful candidate, you are an exceptional communicator with a consultative sales style, strong negotiation skills, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude. Ideally, you understand group insurance products and the advantages of different benefit plan funding methods. You appreciate the value of working with a third-party administrator for advisors, plan sponsors and plan members. You will be a partner and representative of the Johnston Group head office team and will effectively market our services, support relationships, and focus on customer experience excellence.
- Must be licensed in Life, Accident & Sickness, or become licensed within four months of hire
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and energetic with strong negotiation skills and “big picture” thinking
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Effective time-management and strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills, as well as financial and business skills
- Experience working with and knowledge of group insurance benefit products/industry is preferred
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at [email protected] or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.