Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Valuations team as an Associate. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide independent and reliable business valuations that empower clients to advance their strategic goals and make value-driven business decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Evaluate the commercial benefits and risks of potential mergers and acquisitions and provide strategic advice to parties regarding divestiture and merger and acquisition execution
- Participate in business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modelling and purchase price allocations to help clients understand the value of their business and its components
- Interact with client management, stakeholders, legal counsel and financial advisors
- Conduct industry and market research on trends, valuation multiples for relevant public companies and precedent transactions
- Prepare cash flows, valuation models and other technical based analysis, projections and forecasts
- Design and develop high-quality deliverables including engagement letters, reports, presentations and correspondence relating to merger, acquisition and financing transactions
- Develop project plans and coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Identify innovative ways to deliver added value to clients; ensure client needs are met and relationships grow and develop
- Participate in business development initiatives and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business (accounting or finance major)
- CPA designation
- Working towards a CBV designation
- 3 years of professional services experience, ideally in financial analysis and valuations
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!