Rock it with BURNCO!!!
BURNCO is a growing, rock-solid business supplying aggregate construction materials in Canada and the US.
We've been supporting family values and building for the next generation for over a hundred years, and we need you to help make the next hundred years even better. Be a key player in leading our business out of the Flintstones™ era and into the age of the Jetsons™.
Talented. Strategic. Responsive. Nimble. Flexible. Dynamic. Data & Technology Driven.
BURNCO Rock Products Ltd. has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Project Delivery Manager, Infrastructure based out of our corporate headquarters in Calgary, Alberta or one of our regional offices in Irving, Texas or Henderson, Colorado. You will report to our Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations and work closely with our internal key stakeholders in IT, HR, Finance, as well as our lines of business (Concrete, Asphalt, Aggregate).
As an IT Project Delivery Manager, Infrastructure, you will bring your dynamic, detailed-oriented, and analytical mindset to the team as well as considerable expertise in successfully delivering on extensive IT infrastructure projects.
You’ll be driving and overseeing all aspects of project delivery from: project scope definition through to stakeholder assessment, roles and responsibilities assignment, requirements elicitation and management, technical dependencies management, project schedule and budget management, forecasting and status reporting, project risk and issue management, infrastructure build, testing and commissioning, and finally, handover to operations and lessons learned.
We are keen to connect with you, particularly if you possess strong facilitation abilities to elicit requirements, possess a sharp focus on identifying and effectively managing interdependencies, demonstrate advanced skills in schedule and budget management, and have a talent for simplifying complex technical information and communicating it clearly. Additionally, a genuine passion for ensuring client satisfaction is a must.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
How we see your role breaking down:
Project Management and Delivery - 60%
- Responsible for leading and delivering multiple parallel IT infrastructure operational projects in a disciplined manner on time, on budget, within scope and quality specifications
- Develop well-defined detailed project plans for the assigned projects that include deployment tasks, schedule/deadlines, and responsibility assignment (RASCI: responsible, accountable, supported, consulted, informed)
- Lead the creation of step-by-step deployment procedures with backout and roll-back sequences and timings, test plans and procedures
- Work hand in hand with contractors and suppliers to complete the required design, installation, commissioning of equipment and systems until complete handover to IT operations and the business
- Manage expectations of sponsor, steering committee and project team for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
- Provide expertise and consulting to junior project managers in the practice of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation
- Successfully hand over the project outcomes to operations & support teams, leading to successful project closure
- Manage interdependencies with other projects and operational activities
Project Administration - 25%
- Use project management software to maintain schedules and assign tasks
- Maintain regular project progress reporting on all phases of the project, as well as budget, timeline, issues, and risks
- Assign work and provide direction regarding timeliness and completion of objectives to project team
- Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used within BURNCO
- Ensure project transparency with timely and effective project communications
- Report progress to department and steering committee
Collaboration, Operations and Budget - 15%
- Prepare and recommend project budgets and schedule for approval
- Monitor and balance assigned resources, budget, and schedule as necessary
- Negotiate changes in scope, resourcing, budget, or schedule with sponsor and steering committee and/or management
- Work with IT procurement to manage all invoices associated with assigned projects
- Maintain excellent relationships with vendors and ensure BURNCO is receiving top quality service
- Represent project stakeholders within the IT change management process
- Gather lessons learned from stakeholders on project results and delivery experience; analyze feedback and incorporate same into on-going and future projects
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular work week from Monday to Friday and on-call availability during implementation and burn-in/warranty periods, dependent upon project scope. As some travel will be required to site locations a valid Drivers License is required, as well as an up-to-date Passport for occasional travel across the Canada/United States border.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE FROM YOU
- Disciplined approach in project management, requirements elicitation, risk and issue management, estimation and forecasting
- Analytical problem-solving ability for dealing with escalated issues arising from projects
- Strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking, organizational, time-management and prioritizing capabilities
- Effective in mentoring, coaching, and transferring expertise to others
- Expert ability to impact and influence project outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an emphasis on relationship management
- Highly effective verbal and written communication with executive and leadership stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience as an IT Infrastructure Project Manager/Engineer, Solution Architect/Designer leading Capital Projects over $1M
- Strong proven experience delivering corporate offices, datacenters, remote field sites infrastructure projects with solid understanding of servers (Windows, Linux/Unix), network (LAN, WAN, SD WAN, Wireless, Wi-Fi), storage (SAN, NAS), database (Oracle, MS SQL), and cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Previous experience showcasing cloud migration, Citrix upgrade, multi-site infrastructure and core-network upgrade experience and understanding desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft 365
- Adequate knowledge of data engineering concepts and technologies
- Experience in project handover/ handover to operation along with associated change management knowledge
- Experience related to IT controls, security assessments, audit, and compliance would be considered assets
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant field (computer science, engineering, business)
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent (Prince-2) required
- Infrastructure certifications would be highly advantageous
- ITIL v4 Foundation, and security certifications are desired
- Any diplomas, certifications, etc, in an IT field would be considered an asset
COMPETITIVE SALARIES……Worth it!!
PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES……They rock!!
GREAT BENEFITS......Count on it!!
CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE……Absolutely!!