Are you searching for the right opportunity to elevate your career and build your business development skills and capabilities? Let us help give your career a lift!
Leavitt Machinery is actively searching for an Equipment Sales & Rentals Representative and territory manager for our Material Handling Equipment product lines. Based from our Edmonton, AB branch, you will have the ability to work remotely to actively build your customer base in your assigned territory. This position provides a significant opportunity for advancement, career growth, and learning, and will provide comprehensive opportunities for an aspiring equipment sales professional.
Leavitt Machinery is one of the fastest growing materials handling equipment dealers in North America. We offer new and used equipment sales, short- and long-term rentals, emergency and preventative maintenance, operator training and parts support. Our vision and spirit is entrepreneurial. It’s that spirit that has led our growth from 10 to 25 branches and to 1000+ employees. We are now several times larger than our closest competitor, and we work with over 10,000 customers across our North American dealership network. Visit our website to learn more about the equipment we sell and support at leavittmachinery.com.
Our company is an integral entity within the Venturis Capital Corporation group, representing an extensive network of the most progressive industry-leading lift equipment dealerships in North America, including Leavitt Machinery, Lonestar Forklift, Portland Tractor, Hansler Industries, Leavitt Cranes, and more. Venturis operates over 60 branches and parts distribution centers across six provinces and 14 states across the continent. With more than 1,200 employees and a portfolio of 300,000+ customers and prospects, our growth has been exponential and will continue to provide our employees with fresh opportunities as we continue to advance and evolve.
What’s in it for you:
- Base salary + uncapped commission and performance-based bonuses
- Company paid comprehensive medical and dental benefits for you and your dependents:
- Medical Health Care Plan
- Health care spending account $500 annually
- Extended health services including Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Massage and more
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Company laptop and smart phone
- Company-supplied vehicle
- Company-matched RRSP contributions after one year of employment
- Immersive in-person initial training program and ongoing e-learning, and product training through industry-leading manufacturers
- Ongoing professional development and an opportunity for growth and advancement
- Exceptional career growth opportunities, with a hire-from-within strategy
- Recognition program where points are earned for merchandise or gift certificates
- Flexible work arrangements
We believe in empowering our employees. We want you to take risks and speak your mind to continuously improve how we do business. When there is a job to do, we give you the tools, and we let you make the decisions. We take great pride in our training process; our goal is to set you up for success.
What You Bring:
We are looking for team players who are driven, creative, and energetic with excellent communications skills, attention to detail, and a strong desire to thrive.
Previous experience in equipment sales is not required, we will provide the training you need on our products, services, and processes to ensure you are ready to hit the ground running.
- A heads-up offense attitude, always looking for opportunities to offer better solutions to existing problems
- Genuinely concerned with identifying the key issues for a prospect so you can recommend their best solution through our products and services
- Personable and confident with a willingness to learn and grow
- 2-3 years in B2B sales is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Sales, Business Management or a related discipline is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook and Excel
- Previous experience working within a CRM system considered an asset
- Maintaining a valid driver’s license (required)
- Ability to travel within Canada
The Equipment Sales & Rentals Representative will be responsible for the planning and execution of all sales, rentals, and business development activity in your assigned territory. This position will be based from our Edmonton, AB facility, however you will be expected to spend most of your time meeting potential clients, not sitting in the office - this is a hands-on sales and business development position offering base salary and comprehensive uncapped incentive plan.
- Lead the sales and rental strategy and plan in your assigned territory, including customer target accounts, prospecting, sales and rental lead follow-up, and maintaining a strong relationship with existing customers
- Retain and grow business relationships with top accounts by proactively identifying opportunities and presenting innovative solutions
- Responsible for turning leads into sales and will have the authority to negotiate prices and make deals
- Identify and build relationships with decision makers within existing accounts, creating an on-going relationship strategy, cultivating partnering relationships, and establishing Leavitt Machinery as a trusted advisor
- Review and provide input on target client opportunities while ensuring alignment with overall account strategy
- Forecast, deliver, and adjust accounts to ensure success against contract terms.
- Coordinate with product experts to identify and capitalize on expansion and cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts.
- Conduct follow up with customers on orders, quotes and service requested; undertake activities to ensure the sale, such as sourcing of competitor information and analysis of competitor product offerings, application, and pricing to overcome client objections.
Salary range: $65,000 – 70,000 expected in Year 1 with potential to earn $100K+ after building a strong customer base and sales pipeline in your territory.
Does Your Career Need a Lift?
Leavitt Machinery embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you can see yourself thriving in an inclusive and supportive team of like-minded sales professionals, collaborating with equipment experts across our many business units and dealership network, we want to hear from you!
Let us know if you think this opportunity is a great fit for what you’re looking for in your next level, apply by replying to this posting with your detailed resume.We would like to thank all those who apply. However, due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be notified but we will retain your resume for any future openings.