Your Better Business Bureau is hiring!
Your Better Business Bureau has an IMMEDIATE opening for a talented sales manager to take our sales team to the next level.
As our Sales Manager, you are responsible for BBB new sales revenue which includes managing a team of telesales professionals and being accountable to hitting sales revenue targets.
This includes doing whatever it takes to ensure that our team is selling effectively and ethically to grow our community of trusted businesses. If you are a strong sales manager, looking to ramp up your progression, and join an organization focused on making a difference, this is the role for you. We are looking for a sales leader who not only walks the talk, and is passionate about developing their people and the business, but also one that will roll up the phone and show how it is done, to hit targets you helped set.
Sales Team Leadership
- Manages a remote telesales department of “Accredited Business Consultants” which includes all delivering all auspices of employee management (from hiring, onboarding, training, performance performance management and termination).
- Delivers strategic improvements which includes optimizes training, sales processes, updating and reviewing sales scripts, and ensuring the tools and systems to support the organization to meet and exceed sales goals, while optimizing productivity
- Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures
Business Planning and Strategic Thinking
- Work with the BBB president to support building a sales revenue budget and business plan to deliver on that budget. Are accountable to achieving that sales budget by executing the sales business plan and through the performance of that sales team.
- Works with the President to identify objectives, sales strategies and action plans to improve short sales results and executes those sales strategies and plans to achieve/exceed the target.
- Works closely and provides feedback to the Director of Marketing & Communications to develop new sales tools including sales collateral or sales messaging or scripting or lead generating advertising campaigns.
- Provide reports on sales performance, KPIs and trends
Growing our Trusted BBB Community
- Help build our community by directly reaching out and build strategic corporate partners for BBB Accreditation
- Be an ambassador for the BBB through your own prospecting activities which includes participation in events, seminars, and conferences and training your team to also attend such events
About the Ideal Candidate:
Willing to do what it takes. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and pick up the phone to hit sales targets, and work with the team to build and cultivate a culture of high sales performance within a well functioning and supportive sales team.
Strategic Thinker. You are forward-thinking and can use your resourcefulness to collaborate and find a path forward. You see obstacles as opportunities and are always focused on getting results.
An Exceptional Communicator. You have excellent communication skills and can effectively communicate an intangible value proposition to prospective clients, optimize our selling processes with the goal of supporting our goal to build a community of Accredited Businesses.
Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity. You demonstrate the values of the BBB.
Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
Curious with a Continuous learning mind-set. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better. You have a desire to grow and help those grow around you.
Humble & Positive. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Ideal Experience and Education
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business development, marketing, management or related discipline
- At least 3-5 years proven sales management in a remote telesales experience, or similar work experience with increasing level of responsibility
- Sales experience in cold calling, and prospecting including experience selling an intangible
- Proven success in training and managing, leading a department to improve performance in both inside and outside sales environments
- Proven track record of commitment to results: consistently achieving results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver beyond expectations
- Experience executing Sales Departmental Budgets
- Experience working within a membership based non-profit is a strong asset
Required Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to source leads using both conventional and non-conventional tools
- Demonstrated strength in sales techniques to close sales
- Ability to work varied hours and be flexible as business needs dictate
- Strong aptitude to quickly learn about multiple industries and organizations
- Proficient with the use of the computer and software applications and familiarity of web-based CRMs (Customer Relationship Management)
- Ability to maintain knowledge of current business market activities
What’s in it for you?
The BBB offers a base salary plus an incentive program that includes bonus and commission opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a smaller organization, you will have the opportunity to grow your own skills while helping to make a difference through leveraging your strengths. As a not for profit, you can also be proud of the impact that you are helping to support
BBB values a work/life balance which includes the flexibility of working from your own home office (80% home office/20% external) and being able to adjust work hours to meet the needs of the role.
How to Apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Simone Lis, President & CEO ([email protected]) with compensation expectations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6E 3W1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience managing a telesales team that works remotely?
- Outbound cold calling: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 3W1