Division: Information Technology, Managed IT Services
About The Salvation Army
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army (TSA) has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada and Bermuda. Last year, we helped over 2 million people, providing necessities of life such as food, clothing, and shelter. And our work goes well beyond that to including supporting people through unemployment, loneliness, finding church community, and responding to family challenges. We continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
These are exciting times at The Salvation Army as we launch a significant digital and business transformation. We are in the midst of revolutionizing our core capabilities to maximize service and mission outcomes. This will include an integrated platform for relationship and people management, learning, intranet and data warehouse. In order to achieve all this, we are now recruiting for a Project Controller.
As a Project Controller, you will collaborate closely with Managed IT Services and Project teams to oversee and manage project plans and deliverables. Your role involves tracking schedules, managing project finances, and supporting various project management activities. You will also assist in reporting, risk management, communication, and process improvement.
If you are a highly-organized multitasker who enjoys working with data, analyzing trends, and deriving meaningful insights, this would be the ideal role for you.
What you will be doing:
- Provide end to-end project lifecycle oversight within timelines and budgets.
- Assist in project schedule development, financial management, variance analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership and Project Managers on project plans, scope documents, risk assessments, and other necessary documentation.
- Act as Project Manager for small budget projects.
- Monitor milestone reports and escalate schedule impacts.
- Collect costs and budget information, understanding historical spend, and assist in developing the model for the project moving forward.
- Collaborate with Project Managers for schedule management, maintaining logs for action items, risks, issues, and decisions.
- Perform risk assessments and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Monitor progress of thirdparty vendor plans.
- Create portfolio status reports from individual project reports.
What you bring to the table
- 3-5 years of project support/coordination in a PMO environment
- Proficiency in managing project financials
- Strong ability to understand data, analyze it and derive meaningful insights from it
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Experience in documenting and communicating issues, risks, decisions, and changes
- Familiarity with project progress monitoring tools (e.g., MS Project, Visio, Excel)
- Knowledge of PowerBI is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a team environment
What We Promise
- Belonging to a creative, dynamic team of IT professionals where what you do will make a difference in your own backyard and across Canada & Bermuda
- Work from home and flexible hours
- Benefits (wording for full time/remove for temporary)
- Continuous learning and growth through challenging work
- The chance to be part of a leading digital and business transformation for over 100,000 employees and volunteers
- An opportunity to launch and/or grow your career with a huge, stable, international not-for-profit organization
- We live our Core Values as a faith & values-based organization, we hire and serve people of all backgrounds, faiths, and traditions – there’s a place for everyone to belong here.
How We Hire
We are committed to creating a workplace where people experience meaningful work, a sense of hope and optimism, an environment of trust, and inspired results. If this sounds like an environment in which you would like to work, apply here today!
We embrace equity, diversity, justice, inclusion and belonging and we’re committed to building a team that represents many backgrounds, perspectives and skills, representative of the communities we serve. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and workplace will be. The Salvation Army will provide reasonable accommodation upon request. Please let us know if you have a need for any accommodation.
We thank all applicants and will contact candidates selected for next steps. Internal Applicants, please speak with your manager about your intentions prior to submitting your application.