High Tide is seeking a Recruitment Manager to cover a 12 month leave of absence (possibility of extension) . Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the hiring processes associated with different entities under the umbrella of High Tide Inc and is responsible for developing and leading a diverse team of recruitment professionals which include onshore and offshore remote team members.
A day in the life:
- Responsible for all aspects of training for new and existing recruitment team members including onshore and remote offshore team members.
- Responsible for developing and adjusting Recruitment and Onboarding Process presentation tools and training manual.
- Committed to continuous improvement of recruitment process to enhance candidate placement and efficiency across various retail and corporate positions.
- Adjust various intake forms, prescreen, interview guides, and job descriptions as required.
- Adjust internal forms related to recruitment as needed.
- Work alongside external vendors to maximize ATS capability and report key concerns/glitches.
- Work with various internal/external stakeholders effectively to optimize recruitment labour strategies as needed.
- Responsible for pulling weekly hired reports and conducting monthly/weekly audits on open jobs reports.
- Responsible for tracking recruitment output daily.
- Act as the dedicated source of information for both recruiters and business partners to connect with on all recruitment related inquiries.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting district and regional calls weekly.
- Responsible for managing each recruitment member and leveling workforce requirements amongst the team.
- Responsible for job posting approvals and ensuring job postings are maximized to reduce spend wherever possible.
- Facilitate regular meetings with recruitment team to provide updates, support, or gather information.
- SME on ATS capabilities.
- SME on recruiting and onboarding processes in both corporate, retail, and distributions.
- Acts as the lead recruiter for operations responsible for Full-cycle recruitment including job postings, sourcing candidates, prescreen and interview candidates as and when needed, conduct reference checks and guide prospective candidates through the hiring process.
- Responsible for developing various recruitment related SOP’s, joint venture, union, internal hiring process.
- Communicate with Training, HR, and Payroll teams to facilitate internal processes.
- Grow our online presence on Indeed and Glassdoor to become employer of choice by working with vendor specialists.
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers in completing the recruitment cycle and build partnerships with the focus to continuously improve their talent acquisition capabilities.
- Build out talent maps and help develop an on-going pool of candidates.
- Facilitate the offer process by extending offers and negotiating employment terms
- Manage candidate contact database via our ATS/Indeed
- Accountable for Smartsheet tracking of new hires, job requisitions and background checks, regulatory compliance by the province.
- Map out onboarding process along with trainers, adding employees to LMS and HRIS systems as per company procedures and policies
- Great Teamwork skills to coordinate the smooth workflow in the HR department
- Develop prospects into candidates, engage them and perform assessment / screening
- Initiate and support various recruitment activities such as (Offer Letters and or scheduling interviews, sourcing, pulling reports) and updating the applicant tracking system.
- Strong focus on new store openings and deliverables assigned to those projects weekly.
- Submit detailed profile write-ups and recommendations when submitting suitable candidates to aid in selecting appropriate candidates for interviews.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the company to ensure excellent candidate experience and attract top talent to the company from the market.
- Utilize LinkedIn - and other social networks - to promote the High Tide brand and attract candidates to High Tide.
- Work with the HR team for implementing pre-employment testing for new hires as needed.
- Workforce analytics for various regions as needed, roles mapping and updating JDs on a regular basis.
- Take initiative in work process improvements and follow-up on current ones
- Collaborate with managers to identify hiring needs.
- Draft job descriptions in conjunction with hiring managers.
- Stay fully up to date on employment laws and regulations, Human Rights and Privacy legislations of all provinces of Canada
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- 5-8 years full cycle retail and distribution recruiting management experience in a high-volume capacity.
- Experienced managing onshore and offshore recruitment teams effectively with varying skill level.
- Knowledge about retail cannabis industry and mandatory requirements for hiring in all provinces of Canada
- Degree or diploma or certificate in human resources management, or a related field an asset.
- Experience with the various recruitment tools, pre-employment testing and sound understanding of Organizational psychology and human behavior.
- Understanding of hiring of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled workforce.
- RPR designation, an asset and/or ability to get RPR designation
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations to senior management.
- Knowledge of Smartsheet an asset.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.