The Ballad team is comprised of business professionals, strengthening the communities in which we live and work. Our diverse team brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, and creativity to each project we undertake We provide services related to training, business planning, government relations, Indigenous engagement, and community development. Ballad ensures that the work we undertake has meaningful impact, ALWAYS.
The Ballad team is growing and agile organization, with experience working with Indigenous organizations, academic institutions, communities, municipalities, Industry, and public sector organizations. We take pride in build lasting and collaborative relationships with our clients across Canada.
Our Workforce Development programs have built capacity in diverse areas including entrepreneurship, insurance, information and computer technology, construction, French language acquisition, hospitality, supply chain management, and more. We have delivered unique programs for a variety of organizations, Indigenous Communities and on behalf of the Ministry of Labour & Immigration and Ministry of Community & Social Services and Employment and Social Development Canada.
Ballad has a strategic partnership with Cascade Projects Ltd., an Indigenous-owned and controlled company based in Calgary. Through this strategic partnership Ballad and Cascade work collaboratively as a united team to assist Industry with Indigenous engagement, cultural awareness training, and economic inclusion advisory.
Ballad is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to support the general Human Resources functions within the company. Are you passionate about People & Culture? If so this role could be for you. You will aid the planning, organizing, and executing of the following:
- Professional Development
- Recruitment & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Community Impact
- Performance Management
- Compensation Structure & Benefits
Additionally you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the HR Manager to understand and execute the talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Supports the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Provides support and guidance to staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, provincial, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This role will report into the Manager of Human Resources.
A professional with proven experience collaborating with diverse individuals and groups, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and providing practical guidance on project design, execution, and follow-up.
The position requires the following skills, experiences and abilities:
- A post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business, Arts, or equivalent is an asset,
- Two or more years of relevant work experience,
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills including mediation and conflict resolution
- Understanding of basic HR analytics
- Exceptional organization, time management, and prioritization skills