The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s Human Resources needs. This position will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and performance management. The Human Resources Manager will also be responsible for the development of employee benefits packages and programs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for human resources and a desire to grow in this role.
- Assist recruiting and hiring new employees.
- Interview candidates and hire the best candidates.
- Onboard new employees into the company.
- Maintain employee records with our payroll manager.
- Manage employee relations issues such as terminations, promotions, compensation, benefits, inconjuction with our operations manager.
- Conduct performance reviews of employees to help them improve their performance and increase productivity.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations regarding employment and employment-related matters such as hiring practices, pay scales, leave policies, etc.
- Develop training programs for new hires and existing staff to help them learn the company’s operations and processes.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of company policies on leave time and vacation time; comply with state and federal laws regarding time off; maintain compliance with company policies on attendance; maintain attendance records; report attendance issues to HR Manager; comply with company policies on health insurance coverage; ensure coverage is maintained for all eligible employees; ensure coverage is available to all eligible employees; ensure coverage is paid out in timely manner when accrued; ensure coverage is paid in full when accrued; ensure all paperwork is complete when accrued.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Human Resources preferred but not required.
- Experience with payroll processing preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $800.00-$1,000.00 per week
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kentville, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person