Under the supervision of the foreman, the welder is responsible for assembling and installing custom-designed equipment for road maintenance trucks, and other industrial uses. The welder will install snow and ice equipment, bodies, and other equipment on trucks, using their skills as a welder to ensure structural integrity of each weld. Must be able to read and interpret drawings and all work instructions. Be able to fabricate items from raw materials using his knowledge as a welder/fabricator.
· 3-5 years welding experience.
· Ability to weld flux core in all positions effectively and proficiently.
· Experience using mag drills and other power tools and hand tools.
· Have own toolbox and tools including grinder and hand tools required for welding as well as an impact gun, wrenches & sockets. (Specialty tools will be supplied)
· Ability to set up welders, torches and plasma machines and be able to trouble shoot and resolve simple issues.
· Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual to complete assigned tasks.
· Ability to lift 30-50Lbs and always work safely.
· Relevant experience with the installation and assembly of structures on trucks.
· CWB tickets
· Overhead Crane experience or training
· Experience around hydraulic systems
What we offer
· Year around long-term full-time employment
· Lots of overtime available
· Yearly boot and tool allowances
· Medical and Dental benefits
· Disability Insurance
· RRSP Matching
· Minimum 44-hour work week
· Vehicle required to get to shop (no busses)
· Based on Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$33.00 per hour
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Heavy Duty Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Millwright: 1 year (Preferred)