Reports to: Finance Controller
Who We Are:
We are expanding our finance team!
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
Do you have a strong accounting background? Are you solutions focused and analytical by nature? Do your strengths include accuracy and attention to detail? If you answered “Yes”, then keep on reading as we may have the perfect position for you!
What This Job Entails:
The Bookkeeping/Finance Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. Duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency in operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and other accounting related duties is also necessary:
- Inventory entries in Simply Accounting
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying , classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data
- Fixed Assets Entry
- Booking Prepaids
- Book Daily Sales/Clear Daily Sales
- Bank Reconciliations
- Run AR Reports
- Anything else the Finance Controller may ask of you
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience with accounts receivable
- Minimum college diploma in accounting, business administration or experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practises
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills
- Hands on experience with excel, Sage, QuickBooks and outlook
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
- Starting salary is commensurate with experience
- Able to be eligible for benefits and matching RSP contribution plan after 3 month probation completed
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector – Please apply by email [email protected] We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote