Summary of Position
Our client, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing and service of complex technical equipment is currently seeking a Microelectronics Manufacturing Technician to join their evening shift team, based out of their Kirkland office.
The candidate will work in the assembly areas on all types of fiber optic assemblies and subassemblies used in the production of products. The position requires meticulous attention to detail and quality in several key assembly areas. Areas of assembly will include fiber optic subassembly, epoxy and glob-top dispensing, manual and automatic wire bonding, automated and mechanical assembly, etc. You are required to work in a clean room environment with appropriate protective garments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performs a number of very complex repetitive sequences of operations and requires dexterity, a high degree of concentration and some skills for very delicate components.
- Works using key cards, written procedures, manuals, drawings and other verbal and written instructions.
- Assembly using automated equipment: Wire bonding, die placement, adhesive and filler dispensing, etc.
- Visual inspection of products using microscope to company specifications.
- Candidates must be energetic, proactive and be a team player that can take ownership of their tasks
- A high degree of concentration and close visual attention for sustained periods as well as very close attention to details.
- Experience on wire bonding equipment (Palomar preferred)
- Experience on automated dispensing equipment (Speedline preferred)
- Experience on placement equipment (BESI-Datacon preferred)
- Two (2) years of experience in an assembly shop
- One (1) year of previous experience in some variety of operations in microcircuit manufacturing and assembly
- Communicate in English & French (spoken and written)
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Minimum Secondary education
Nice to have:
- Experience in an optical assembly or optical test laboratory
- Knowledge of micro-electronics Hybrid (chip & wire assembly, ceramics, etc.
Cadre is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.