As a team member at The Ancaster Mill, you are a part of the Pearle Hospitality family.
Pearle Hospitality’s mission and focus is to enrich each moment through genuine and thoughtful actions. Each of Pearle Hospitality’s dining establishments, event venues, hotel and spas, and affiliated businesses are focused on providing guests and customers a setting in which to appreciate and enjoy the good things in life with good people.
Our guests and customers have a trust in the experience they are about to enjoy. They trust that any event hosted at one of our properties, stays in our hotels or experiences at our spas will be a memorable experience for all involved. This idea has been reinforced through years of dedication to providing those people with soulful and delicious food, impeccably maintained historical buildings and bright, hardworking, and enthusiastic team members.
With a focus on local and in-season ingredients, the food prepared is rooted in family recipes passed down over generations, artisan products and a deep-rooted respect for culinary traditions are the base of our food philosophy and dedication to creating delicious food.
Nestled under the Niagara escarpment, alongside a waterfall and creek, Ancaster Mill invites its guests to sweep themselves away. Boasting spectacular forested scenery and historic charm, it's like a breath of fresh air. The chefs work directly with local farmers to create harvest-inspired menus that capture the essence of the season.
The Special Event Coordinator plays a key role in the organization and execution of all private events and making event hosts’ visions come to life within our Pearle Hospitality properties. The Coordinator manages and completes day-to-day tasks in the events office and acts as a liaison between the Sales Consultants, our clients and other members of the Events Team. This person makes certain that information regarding each event is gathered accurately and shared effectively to ensure the smooth delivery of services. This individual is often the first point of contact for our potential clients and provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
What makes you the perfect candidate:
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Post-secondary education in Events/Events Management considered an asset.
- Previous experience in Hospitality and/or Event Planning considered an asset.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of Opera, Mircos, OpenTable, Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with multi-line phone systems considered an asset.
- Customer Service: Ability to effectively communicate with clients, remaining professional but also expressing a warm and welcoming presence during interactions. Understand the importance of providing clients and guests with memorable and positive experiences at any and all Pearle Hospitality locations.
- Attention to Detail: Remain mindful of smallest details expressed by the event hosts, making sure to note any specific wants expressed (i.e., DJs, transportation, ceremony officiants, important moments, etc.) and noting any specific vendors.
- Organization: Work with event hosts to plan follow up appointments pertaining to menu tastings, rehearsals, final detail appointments and any dates for payments.
- Adaptability: Ability to remain poised and professional in a fast-paced environment and positively interact with a variety of diverse guests and team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the front desk of the Special Events Office, including:
- Answering incoming phone call and email inquiries
- Booking restaurant reservations and answering special menu inquiries for large parties.
- Greet visitors to the office and direct them appropriately as required
- Maintain appearance of the Special Events office and Wedding Suites as needed.
- Secure appointment times for clients to meet with Special Events Consultants and maintain the event office calendar.
- Create proposals for clients using Opera.
- Build event files and complete the file checklist once a deposit has been received to secure a booking.
- Update event files as necessary with updates such as décor updates, timing, vendor information, menu selections and special requests.
- Create, proof-read, and receive approval for all special event menus prior to printing.
- Email reminders to clients regarding important appointments and confirm dates with them for their menu tastings, rehearsals, final detail appointments, etc.
- Communicate details of each upcoming event to the Front and Back of House teams by providing copies of the most up-to-date event orders.
- Accept and perform additional tasks as required for optimal performance of the restaurant.
- Actively represent and promote Pearle Hospitality’s core values within the workplace.
- Act as an ambassador of The Ancaster Mill and Pearle Hospitality.
- Follow company policies and procedures as defined and outlined by Pearle Hospitality.
- Follow all Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe work environment for all guests and team members.
- Adhere to all cleanliness and sanitization practices.
- Maintain professional appearance and act with integrity and honesty.
Advantages to being part of the Ancaster Mill team:
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at all Pearle Hospitality properties (restaurants, hotels and spas)
- Training and Development to support personal & professional growth
- Career opportunities across all Pearle Hospitality properties
- A fun place to work with an amazing team & company culture!
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including Ancaster Mill, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the hiring manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Are you presently or have you ever been employed by any affiliated Pearle Hospitality properties? If YES, List location (ETT: Bread Bars, The Pearle Hotel & Spa, Cambridge Mill, Elora Mill Hotel & Spa, Ancaster Mill, Spencer's At The Waterfront, Whistle Bear Golf Club)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
- Opera: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person