Please apply with resume and cover letter.
Our agency: provides a depth of support that creates meaningful and effective change in seniors’ overall well-being and quality of life.
The Outreach Team: As a valued team of Calgary Seniors, and in collaboration with the Way In Network, the Outreach Team ensures client support services remain responsive to the direction and the needs of the clients and communities predominantly in the Northeast quadrant of Calgary providing longer term case management and programming for older persons.
Please visit calgaryseniors.org for more information.
Are you: PASSIONATE ABOUT SENIORS, CREATIVE, detailed, FLEXIBLE, responsive, ORGANIZED, patient, confident, COMPASSIONATE, efficient, personable, CURIOUS, level-headed, and a CRITICAL THINKER?
TITLE: Outreach Worker
- Conduct client-centered assessments, focusing on circumstances, presenting concerns, capabilities, strengths, and support systems with a standardized tool used by Calgary Seniors
- Develop and update Goal Plans with program clients using a case management approach, assisting the client to set and prioritize short and long-range goals, in alignment with The Way In Outreach program
- Complete in-home visits, in addition to visits occurring outside of the client’s home, to support clients in performing the tasks required to stabilize needs and build resiliencies
- Work with clients to resolve issues around program involvement/rules
- Provide referrals as needed to supportive services to meet client need; and work collaboratively within the Outreach team, to advance the goals of the client
- Provide assistance in completing forms for government benefits, such as pension applications, health care coverage, accessible transportation, and housing
- Provide supportive counselling with a trauma-informed lens to assist clients in gaining the skills to positively move through issues such as grief and loss, health changes, and other age-related issues
- Work collaboratively with community resources to ensure client needs are met, operating from a position of fostering “co-accountability” to a positive completion of the Outreach program
- Work in partnership with internal and external staff to support positive client relations, including client advocacy and conflict resolution if/when required, in support of client stability
- Maintain accurate and current client records and reporting as identified in program and agency policy
- Collect and record data input (evaluation metrics) when/how/whereas identified by program and agency policy, and as directed for reporting purposes
- Degree in Social Work, or a related field; or relevant diploma with experience
- Active registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- Three years’ experience in the social/human services field preferred
- Experience working with vulnerable older persons with mental health or substance abuse is an asset
- Working knowledge of the strengths-based, client-centered, resiliency approach
- Ability to calmly think in the moment, providing urgent response in a critical situation
- Proactive individual who takes initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment, excels at working independently yet also thrives in a team environment
- Cultural humility and experience with diverse populations including 2SLGBTQ+.
- Knowledge of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP) and the Truth and Reconciliation Commissions (TRC) 94 Calls to Action.
- Works both in office and in community as required
- Works a standard work week (Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours, day shift) with the understanding that flexibility in scheduling may be required to meet urgent work needs and/or to accommodate the ebb and flow of routine work and may include scheduled weekends.
- Fast paced and demanding work environment that provides social work services to vulnerable people
- Psychological demands include but are not limited to working in an environment with vulnerable persons experiencing crisis.
- Full time, Monday-Friday 8:30 AM -4:30 PM
- $45,000-$55,000 annually
Bonus points if you:
- Are fluent in the Spanish language or another language other than English.
- Have experience in program development, delivery, and evaluation.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Michael Procinsky, Manager Outreach
Email: [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person