Tridon Communications is currently seeking a Payroll Accounting Administrator to join our finance team. This position is based at our Head Office located in Edmonton.
The Payroll Accounting Administrator is responsible to collect, verify and process payroll information, determine pay and benefit entitlements for employees, maintain accurate payroll records, and provide payroll information within a department, company, or other establishment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain and update employee information, such as records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements, in Canadian and other currencies, using manual or computerized systems
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Prepare, verify and process all employee payroll related payments, including regular pay, benefit payments, and special payments such as bonuses and vacation pay
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment and medical insurance
- Prepare payroll related filings and supporting documentation, such as year-end tax statements, pension, Records of Employment and other statements
- Provide information on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
- Compile, review, and monitor statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies
- May be responsible for the development or implementation of payroll policies, procedures or processes.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll – collect and input payroll data in payroll system, process payment through direct deposit banking system, prepare payroll reports for Controller to review.
- Prepare annual T4’s, and ROEs as required.
- Assist all employees with payroll inquiries
- Prepare invoices for payment by matching invoices to supporting documentation, providing accurate general ledger coding, obtaining appropriate approval, and entering all invoices in the accounting system.
- This role will also be responsible to assist with other accounting duties such as AP and Expense entry.
- Other duties as required.
Payroll Accounting Administrator reports directly to the Controller, the incumbent also works directly with:
- Co-Workers and Team Leads
- Service Administrators
- Inventory & Rentals Departments
Payroll Accounting Administrator holds the authority to do the following:
- Process Payroll
- Identify and recommend areas for process improvement
Experience and Skills:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with accounting software applications and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with payroll software UKG is preferred, however experience with Workday, Dayforce, ADP
- Oracle NetSuite ERP experience considered an asset
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to deal at all levels of the Company from executive to technician level
- Able to be assertive but maintain professionalism
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able and willing to take direction
- Diploma in business administration, finance, or accounting required
- Payroll association certification required
The Payroll Accounting Administrator must be able to spend most of the day sitting. However, walking and standing occasionally. The incumbent will also be required to look at a computer screen for long periods of time. There is a possibility of eye and/or joint strain related to operating computer equipment.
Tridon Communications is a full solution Telecom Systems Integrator with CSA certification and licensed by APEGA. Our Engineering, Radio Communications, Data Communications, Security, Mobility, and Tower Divisions collaborate with customers to build custom solutions for their wireless communication needs. We have been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate seven service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Edson, Hinton, Calgary, Saskatoon & Terrace British Columbia.
- Competitive Wages
- Company paid benefits
- Company RRSP Matching
- Additional paid days off for Years of Service
- Opportunity to advance and grow with a growing company
We are a:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer
- State of the Art CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certified Repair Centre
- COR Certified Employer
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6B 2N7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- This position primarily entails 60% Payroll responsibilities and 40% General Accounting duties. Does this align with your interests?
- As part of our onboarding process at Tridon Communications, we require all employees to undergo a Criminal Record Background Check through Sterling BackCheck. Are there any potential concerns?
- Payroll: 5 years (required)
- NetSuite: 1 year (preferred)
- UKG, Workday, Dayforce, or ADP: 1 year (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Residency in Canada? (required)
- Certified Payroll Manager or Certified Payroll Professional (required)
Work Location: In person