Brandt is currently seeking a Human Resources Advisor based out of our Saskatoon, SK location. Under the guidance of the HR Manager and the Senior Director of Human Resources, this position serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and striving to resolve work-related issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise and assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices; as well as organizational matters such as, discipline, harassment, discrimination etc. and assist in the investigation and reporting of these matters
- Answer manager/supervisor questions and provide basic advice regarding employment issues and interpretation of legislation.
- Manage the exit interview process, including conducting interviews, tracking, and communicating results
- Provide day-to-day advice on compensation and support the annual compensation review process.
- Adhere to legislation as it relates to labor standards, human rights, health & safety etc.
- Remain current with HR best practices, legislative changes and industry standards
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team
- Report and monitor key metrics, such as turnover and retention rates
- Knowledge and understanding of the collective bargaining process
- Documenting & managing documents related to collective agreement interpretation and administration
- Conduct pre-negotiation research, on-going in-scope labour market comparisons and manage the comparison data
- Other duties as required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in team environment as well as self-driven
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with departmental managers as well as employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
- University degree with a focus on Human Resources or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
- Bilingual in French language an asset