Direct care and support workers in any program report to the designated supervisory staff, and are responsible for the safety and security of a facility, program continuity, and providing supportive services to clients in the home and community.
- Interaction with, and service delivery to clients:
- Staff is responsible for administration of medications as prescribed and proper documentation of medications as per agency policy.
- Staff are to ensure all physical/medical needs are met on an on-going basis.
- Staff are to assist in providing support in areas of choice for medical, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental wellness.
- Staff are to assist clients in the area of personal hygiene and grooming satisfactory to meet community expectations; respecting their personal choice.
- Staff to ensure personal care needs are met as per individual needs of the client, i.e.; toiletry, cathedrae, bathing/showering, respiratory attention, physiotherapy, etc.
- In the course of providing individual or group support, staff must at all times be aware and react to Occupational Health & Safety hazards and respond appropriately.
Staff are to assist with daily living skills to include;
- personal budgeting.
- grocery and personal shopping.
- client personal and business banking (reconciliation of ledgers).
- meal preparation and menu planning.
- room/apartment management.
- Staff to assist and support in the individuals’ planning and participation work related endeavours and other activities based on the client’s skills and preferences.
- Staff to assist and support client’s preferences and desires to have quality of life programs and services in either the home or community setting.
- Staff to assist and support the client in recreation and leisure participation and planning in either the home or community setting.
- m Staff will support, educate and coach the client to advocate for themselves, speak for their issues & concerns, and to involve them in all areas relative to their well being and acceptance.
- Programming responsibilities.
- Staff to assist, support, and coach clients in designing individual program plans that work for them and their families/guardians.
- Staff to use the CASE MANAGEMENT process to assist in the development of the IPP with each individual.
- Staff are to respect and follow the INDIVIDUAL SERVICE PLAN as agreed upon and assist the client in all ways possible to meet the objectives as outlined.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.86-$22.07 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lloydminster, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-13