You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Under close supervision, the Diesel Apprentice Mechanic performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles. Works with the assistance of a Licensed Technician, Shop Supervisor and Manager, when performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner. The Diesel Apprentice Mechanic performs minor to average repairs and routine maintenance under limited supervision. The Diesel Apprentice Mechanic may be assigned to work/train directly with a Senior Technician or Licensed Technician.
Type: Full-time, Perm
Wage : $21-$28 per hour depending on experience.
2 weeks on Day Shift: 7:00am to 3:30pm, M to F 2 weeks on Afternoon Shift: 3:30pm to 11:30pm, M to F
- Weekly pay.
- Excellent benefits package after 30 days.
- Education Assistance
- 10 days of Paid Time Off in your first year (on top of your regular vacation pay!)
- Boot Voucher
- Retirement Pension Plans.
- Stock options.
- A safe, friendly and respectful working environment.
- Room for growth.
- Lots of learning opportunities
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance.
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs.
- Performs preventive maintenance.
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable.
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Replace defective components as instructed.
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree preferred in related field
- One (1) year or more combination of classroom training and work experience of mechanical repairs on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License required ( Class G2 or above).
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Work shift work and weekend as required
- Perform all entry level tasks
- Ability to read and/or listen and understand information and ideas communicated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Job Category: Technicians
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.